BragVest iPhone app and Website -- Your Thoughts?

Hello,

I'm a committee chair in my local pack, and also a software developer. I've been trying to combine my two passions -- scouting and software. So I did two things:

1) I created BragVest (an iPhone app) to track a cub scout's progress through ranks. In the iPhone appstore, there is a free version and a pay version (that adds multiple scout support and soon will have electives support).

2) For those that don't have iPhones (like most of my pack) I created a free website to help track advancements at www.bragvest.com with a focus on simplicity and ease of use.

I'd love to hear feedback from "real" scouters around the world:

* Are either of these useful to you?

* Is there something I could add that would make them better?

I'll appreciate any honest feedback.

Thanks!

-Bryant

Hey UCEagle72,

In regard to ScoutNET, the benefit of the iPhone app is that it's portable and always on your phone in your pocket so you can easily checkoff a requirement at a den meeting or wherever you are.

As far as the actual BragVest website, the goal was to be simpler and more specific than scoutNET. I found ScoutNET to be overly complex and difficult to use.

I wanted to try to solve a simple problem of tracking requirements for parents and leaders instead of trying to do everything. Not to mention, the BragVest website is free.

Thoughts?

Sorry, I looked at it, but I can not see why I would use your program instead of one of the online programs like ScoutManage or ScoutTrack.

Yes, yours is free, but it is EXTREMELY limited, and if it follows the trend of other free sites, you will soon be charging for access too.

I don't see the point.

I use ScoutManage, and love it.

After reading your response, ScoutNet is not for use by the entire Pack, or for tracking each requirement. It is the BSA Computer network that your council's online advancement reporting interface works with.

If you have internet access on your phone (i or any other) it is quite easy to use the online programs I mentioned above to record your son's, or your den's, completed requirements, electives, activities, etc, on the go.

(This message has been edited by Scoutnut)