45 years a scout!

I believe I started Cub Scouts in second grade --- 1958. Only lasted a few weeks though. Momcrafts didn't work for me and I remember probably 200 Cub Scouts at pack meetings.

I got involved with Cub Scouts again as a Unit Commissioner in 2004, and as an AS in 1981 and SM in 1982.

Have a Scouter with my Troop who now is working on his 62nd year. Yes, that is sixty-two. I don't think he's hit 75 years of age yet. He missed a few years while he was in the service, otherwise ever since he was a kid he's been in. National had to verify his records to get him a 60 year pin. Literally took months from the time we submitted to Council before they got word back that he had been verified.

RR

RR,

If memory serves, All professionals and anyone requesting Vet Status on 25 and up needs confirmation via national. I was presently surprised when they awarded vet pins at PDL-1 to a few of us who qualified, and they explained the process for national verification.

We have one guy in our district who has 55+ years. Joke with him is that BP was his SM and GBB was his SPL ;)

Another guy has been involved in Scouting longer, but he was not registered with the BSA while he was in Vietnam. He was registered with the RVN's Scouting association while over there. Boy does he have some stories to tell.

Last month we lost a long time scouter--over 75 years with the same unit. He joined the unit soon after it formed as a youth and continued on as a leader until his death in early Dec., except for a couple of years while he served our nation in WWII.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...