Now then.... One of my scouts is half British, half German and spends a lot of time in Germany and when she is there goes to a German scout troop. From talking to her I can tell you that scouting culture in Germany is quite different to the rest of the world. Germany's history means that there is a big mistrust of uniformed youth organisations and because of that scouts is a lot less formal than in the rest of the world. Uniform is worn generally only on very formal occasions and the whole structure and culture is very informal. It wouldn't surprise me if there were few if any formal publications because of that. We start back after the holidays on Thursday and will ask for you to see if there's anything to look for.

Now then.... One of my scouts is half British, half German and spends a lot of time in Germany and when she is there goes to a German scout troop. From talking to her I can tell you that scouting culture in Germany is quite different to the rest of the world. Germany's history means that there is a big mistrust of uniformed youth organisations and because of that scouts is a lot less formal than in the rest of the world. Uniform is worn generally only on very formal occasions and the whole structure and culture is very informal. It wouldn't surprise me if there were few if any formal publications because of that. We start back after the holidays on Thursday and will ask for you to see if there's anything to look for.
We've had two German exchange students in the past ~10 yrs, I had a little fun asking them if they had enjoyed their time with us brownshirts.

Hi there, Transatlantic Council Edelweiss District reporting LOL German scouting is different, and the history of it is just part of it. They are all split up among religions, so catholics & protestants dont scout together. Most are co-ed. There is like 100 different organisations so there is no one german scout book, there is several. I will look if I can find some, I sent one to OZ just 2 years ago or so. I collect old scout books and actually have a 1970s one from Switzerland in storage somewhere (its in german...)