If you see something , say something forum edition.

Scouter Terry emailed the moderators about a week ago about upgrade and tweaks to the forum. Mostly streamlining and trying to improve responsiveness. If you see a thread or sub forum acting funny , post that information here. Yours in Scouting, Sentinel947

But in the "New to Scouting" area, thread "Can I bring my younger son to scout campouts?".. RichardB commented, then I commented to him and one other post in that thread. RichardB still showed up as the last person to post. Then BP commented to RichardB, still RichardB was shown as last person to post, also my first comment to RichardB had disappeared. I commented to BP. Still RichardB was the last person to post.

This morning I created a new post in the Thread, and then I became the last person to post on the thread.. Thought it was fixed. But see Sentinal has commented to RichardB, and yet the thread now shows I am the last person to post.

So it is acknowledging a new post, but not acknowledging anyone who is commenting to a post on the thread.. At least that is what I am coming to the conclusion of. Yet I don't see this with any other threads..

Ok, that was enough for that post.

Yesterday. I was logged in, but I lost the new thread button, and I also lost the post and comment button everywhere.. I thought I would log out and log in and hoped this would fix it, but when I logged out, the screen flashed, but I stayed logged in.. I tried the contact us. but I could send anything. Because when I hit send it said something about it couldn't send because ??? something like no human intervention ?? or something.. I had it in my mind they wanted me to do one of those type in this picture of crazy hard to decifer letters.. But there wasn't anything like that.. Later it was fine.

Most times I post I get some prompt on the bottom.

"Do you want to open or save 108421db.json (17 bytes) from scouter.com?" Open, save, cancel

I tried open & save, but cancel seems to work the best. Also I think the number of the .json changes all the time.

I guess I was wrong about the thread "Can I bring my younger son to scout campouts?" being the only thread who now does not consider comments to someone's post not being acknowledge in the last person and time someone posted to the thread.. This Thread is doing the same thing.. Sentinel947 commented to SSScout, but it didn't register that he was the last to post to this thread. Since I am doing a new post, this one should show up as me being the last to post to this thread..

Ok, that was enough for that post.

Yesterday. I was logged in, but I lost the new thread button, and I also lost the post and comment button everywhere.. I thought I would log out and log in and hoped this would fix it, but when I logged out, the screen flashed, but I stayed logged in.. I tried the contact us. but I could send anything. Because when I hit send it said something about it couldn't send because ??? something like no human intervention ?? or something.. I had it in my mind they wanted me to do one of those type in this picture of crazy hard to decifer letters.. But there wasn't anything like that.. Later it was fine.

Most times I post I get some prompt on the bottom.

"Do you want to open or save 108421db.json (17 bytes) from scouter.com?" Open, save, cancel

I tried open & save, but cancel seems to work the best. Also I think the number of the .json changes all the time.

I get that as well. It confused me, and I ended up posting the same thing 3 times, and then couldn't delete the 2 subsequent posts. I've found that I can push any option, and the refresh to see whether I posted. There are glitches even in this method, but I'm beginning to learn the "posting game."

Just had an odd reaction.... trying to post a comment in the thread about the CM's wife.

It locked up at posting and didn't act like the post was made, so I copied my comment to a word processor for later posting.

Backed out of the thread and went back in, and my post was in fact uploaded.

Just had an odd reaction.... trying to post a comment in the thread about the CM's wife.

It locked up at posting and didn't act like the post was made, so I copied my comment to a word processor for later posting.

Backed out of the thread and went back in, and my post was in fact uploaded.

next time look at the very bottom see if you see the message :

"Do you want to open or save 108421db.json (17 bytes) from scouter.com?" (option buttons) Open, save, cancel

the json file name may be different..

But, it looks like it locks up, it is sitting waiting for a response. "Cancel" works fine.

The latest annoyance for me: every navigation link I click on opens a new tab. Don't like having to close lots of tabs, would rather click my browser's "back" button if I care to see the main page again. :(