What's going on with this forum?

I'm fairly new around here, but I am aware that the forum has undergone a software update recently and there are some associated problems with forum operations since then. But after a few months, I haven't seen much change.

Is this forum still active? Are there plans to fix the problems? Because right now, this place is unfortunately barely usable. I can't even see much of the main discussion areas of the forum.

Seems like this forum has the largest membership of any scouting forum, so if the site if going to be fixed, it's probably worth the wait. But I'd just like to know if there even are any plans to do anything or if this is just a lost cause.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, the ability to start a thread was not allowed by anyone but Scouter Terry the admin, for about 1.5 months.. That is an improvement. But the navigation is still pretty bad, along with going into a thread and being told there is only 1 page when there are 5, or only 3 pages when there are 4.. I hope we get back to normal soon.. Don't know about the search either.. Yesterday I wanted some new ideas for quick tin foil desserts, but since it has been a past topic I just wanted to search out the old threads.. Tinfoil or Tin foil brought up nothing..

The search function for the old forums was one of the best features, AFIC. I'm hoping something like it becomes available for the 'new deal'. Even better would be if all of the archives for the 'old deal' could be reinstated somehow. But, yes, it's nice to be able to do stuff again, some of it with still with a little effort.

Well I wasn't much of a fan of the old search if you were looking for something specific. For anything on tinfoil desserts it was ok.. But it didn't seem to have any date sort or filter, so to find a specific thread was difficult for me as you were slogging throught over 10 years of any post with the word of whatever.. But, at least it was there.

Yeah, the ability to start a thread was not allowed by anyone but Scouter Terry the admin, for about 1.5 months.. That is an improvement. But the navigation is still pretty bad, along with going into a thread and being told there is only 1 page when there are 5, or only 3 pages when there are 4.. I hope we get back to normal soon.. Don't know about the search either.. Yesterday I wanted some new ideas for quick tin foil desserts, but since it has been a past topic I just wanted to search out the old threads.. Tinfoil or Tin foil brought up nothing..
moosetracker, the page count seems to be working with some new topics. I'm not ready to declare it fixed, but not sure if its still broken either.
Still cannot access the open discussion forum. ALl I see are the two sub-forums.
Band Aid: Click on the Filter button under the subscribe button in the lower right hand corner. When "All time" is selected, I could only view topics sorted by Title or replies.
  • 3 weeks later...

I share EmberMikes question. I am the Pack Committee Chairman for a Pack and the Scoutmaster for our troop and I recently added our units to the NetRoster section of this forum. When I submitted the details the response told me that our unit would show up on the site in about a week. It has been about 2 and a half times that. I understand that people are able to post on the forums, but my question is the website being maintained?

Just wondering.

Yours In Scouting,

Mahonegon Man

• 1 month later...

Can't start new thread, and sometimes can't respond to old ones.

What the heck does ""The string you entered for the image verification did not match what was displayed."" mean? This is the response I got when I tried to "Post Reply" to the recent PoA flag thread.....

What the heck does ""The string you entered for the image verification did not match what was displayed."" mean? This is the response I got when I tried to "Post Reply" to the recent PoA flag thread.....

It's supposed to mean that you didn't prove you were a human by entering the write captcha code, but it doesn't even ask you for one (I'm having the same trouble).

It's supposed to mean that you didn't prove you were a human by entering the write captcha code, but it doesn't even ask you for one (I'm having the same trouble).

Can't get PM to work but can start threads. You must not be worthy.

My favorite is it likes to remove all my return characters so I look like a idiot.