My name is Lyle Simmons, RN. I am an Eagle Scout, class of 2003, from what is now Louisiana Purchase Council. I currently serve as Assistant Scoutmaster for Troop 22 out of Jonesboro, LA. I am a Brotherhood Member of Comanche Lodge of the Order of the Arrow. I have been trading patches since I became a scout, starting after inheriting a good many patches from my grandfather. I have been in college since 2006 and I have done very little trading because of this. Now, I am out of school and looking to pick patch trading back up. I am putting together this list to help trades go smoother. This way, I can get patches out there to those of you that may want them, while maybe getting a few new ones myself.

I try to stick to only trades for standard CSPs and OA flaps. That is, strips and flaps that will be traded 1:1. I have no particular interest in special edition patches such as anniversary, mergers, Jamboree, NOAC, etc., but if you have something special that you may think I would like, feel free to tell me about it. The majority of my patches will go for 1:1. Usually strip for strip, or flap for flap, but adjustments can be made. The ones that I will not trade 1:1 are marked with an asterisk (*). These are rare or special edition strips or flaps, for which the trade ratio will be determined at trade depending on which patch it is, or what you have to offer for trade. Most will probably go for 2:1 or 3:1. If you would like to see a picture of the patch before the trade, just ask and I will send you one.

I do have some events patches for trade, some spanning back to the 60s. Im not big into trading events patches, but if youre looking for something particular, or are just curious, let me know and Ill tell you what I have.

In trading, I will send my end of the patches a day or two (as fast as work will allow) after receiving your end of the trade, and will be in contact until the trade is done. I like to think that all scouts are trustworthy, but I gave been scammed before after being very trusting and sending my end before receiving the other. Thats why I have to do trades this way. Sorry if it may put anyone off a trade with me. I will send all patches via USPS with tracking number so that you can monitor the status of our trade. So, feel free to scan through and pick out something that you may like, then just shoot me an e-mail and we will see what happens. Happy trading!

YiS,

Lyle

COUNCIL SHOULDER STRIPS

---------------------------------------California

-Desert Pacific Council, San Diego, CA. (new)

Issue: 1993.

Quantity: 1

-Desert Pacific Council, San Diego, CA. (new)

Issue: Eagle Recognition Dinner Set. Set of three strips, each with different color border. One red, one white, and one blue. Will trade entire set for one standard CSP.

Quantity: 1 set

---------------------------------------Florida

-North Florida Council, Jacksonville, FL. (new)

Issue: unknown (beach scene with city and lighthouse with red top)

---------------------------------------Louisiana

*-Attakapas Council, Alexandria, LA. (new)

Issue: 3/02 (Last)

Quantity: 4

Note: This is the last issue from Attakapas Council before merging with Ouachita Valley Council in 2003 to form Louisiana Purchase Council, the largest council in Louisiana.

*-Louisiana Purchase Council, Monroe, LA (new)

Issue: Special Merger Edition

Quantity: 8 black border

1 gold border

Note: Made to commemorate the merger of Attakapas Council with Ouachita Valley Council, this strip is the first official strip to be produced by Louisiana Purchase Council. Two editions were made, the black border of which somewhere around 2000 were made, and the gold border of which somewhere around 200 were made. Each was limited as to how many could be bought per person.

Issue: 2003 (first edition with gold border)

Quantity: 2

Note: This is the first official issue of the Louisiana Purchase Council Strip. This is the special edition with the gold border. On the strip, the Attakapas Native American is feeding the Ouachita Valley deer. Under each are the words Attakapas and Ouachita Valley, ghosted into the background. The later, common edition used now has a black border and no ghosted text.

Issue: Louisiana Purchase Gardens and Zoo

Note: This is a special edition made to commemorate the Louisiana Purchase Gardens and Zoo in Monroe, LA. Instead of the Native American feeding the deer, there is a monkey feeding a giraffe.

*-Ouachita Valley Council, Monroe, LA. (new)

Issue: 1985

Quantity: 4

Note: This is the last issue from Ouachita Valley Council before merging with Attakapas Council in 2003 to form Louisiana Purchase Council, the largest council in Louisiana.

*-Ouachita Valley Council, Monroe, LA. (new)

Issue: 1985 (Burnt Toast Edition)

Note: This edition of the strip is made entirely of black thread with the figures standing out beautifully. Very rare.

--------------------------------------Mississippi

-Pine Burr Area Council, Hattiesburg, MS. (new)

Issue: unknown (same as in shoulder patch guide, Vol: 5)

--------------------------------------Texas

-Alamo Area Council

Issue: unknown green border with state flag, skyline, and chili pepper

-Caddo Area Council, Texarkana, TX. (new)

Original skinny shape

New bubble shape

-Circle Ten Council, Dallas, TX. (new)

Issue: 1999

-East Texas Area Council, Tyler, TX. (new)

Issue: 1992

Quantity: 5

-Longhorn Council, Fort Worth. (new)

-Northwest Texas Council, Wichita Falls, TX. (new)

Issue: 1996

-Rio Grande Council, Harlingen, TX. (new)

Issue: unknown(same as in shoulder patch guide, Vol: 5)

-Sam Houston Area Council, Houston, TX.

New: 1

Used (worn on BSA uniform): 2

-Three Rivers Council, Beaumont, TX. (new)

Issue: 1998

-Yucca Council, El Paso, TX. (new)

Issue: 1/93

------------------------------------Foreign

-Virgin Islands Council, Saint Thomas, VI. (new)

-Kent Area, England, UK. (new)

ORDER OF THE ARROW STRIPS

----------------------------------Alabama

-Aracoma Lodge 481, Black Warrior Council, Tuscaloosa, AL. (new)

Issue: standard (2004)

----------------------------------California

-Tiwahe Lodge 45, Desert Pacific Council, San Diego, CA. (new)

Issue: standard (2002)

----------------------------------Florida

*-Aal-Pa-Tah Lodge 237, Gulf Stream Council, West Palm Beach, FL. (new)

Issue: Special

Note: This patch is in black and silver with silver border. It shows a silver alligator holding an American flag in its mouth.

----------------------------------Louisiana

*-Comanche Lodge 254, Ouachita Valley Council, Monroe, LA. (new)

Issue: Last

Quantity: 3 with red border

1 with black border

Note: Each ordeal, a new flap is issued to the participants. The border of the flap indicates the arrow mans OA membership. Black is for Ordeal. Red is for Brotherhood. This is the last official flap issued by Comanche Lodge 254 before merging with Ouxouiga Lodge 264. Since the merger, the lodge is just called Comanche Lodge.

*-Comanche Lodge 254, Louisiana Purchase Council, Monroe, LA.

Issue: Special Edition Throwback Bear

Note: This patch features a Native American style bear hand painting and has the number 254 following Comanche Lodge.

-Comanche Lodge 254, Ouachita Valley Council, Monroe, LA. (new)

Issue: NOAC 2002

-Comanche Lodge, Louisiana Purchase Council, Monroe, LA. (new)

Issue: NOAC 2004. Wheres Waldo Spoof.

*-Ouxouiga Lodge 264, Formerly of Attackapas Council, Alexandria, LA (new)

Issue: Special Edition red, white, blue

Note: I managed to get this patch at a silent auction at a Fellowship at Camp Attackapas before the merger. It is red, white, and blue with shiny thread. Very nice. Feature a lightning bolt on the left and a rain cloud on the right with the thunderbird in the center.

----------------------------------Texas

*-Tejas Lodge 72, East Texas Area Council, Tyler, TX. (new)

Issue: standard ordeal flap (2005)

Note: This is a rare flap to be traded. For some reason, the members of this lodge frown on trading away standard lodge flaps. I went to summer camp there in 2004 and got to know some of the arrowmen there (Shout out to George Snow) and managed to squeeze a couple out of them.

-----------------------------------Washington

*-Nisqually Lodge 155, Pacific Harbors, Tacoma, WA. (new)

Issue: standard (2004)

Lyle:

Welcome to the forums! You may want to re-post your intro in the "New to the forums" section, minus the patch trading list. I have not seen much patch trading on this board, it seems mostly about sharing opinions / advice. Check out the trade-o-ree calendar here (http://www.scouttrader.org/TOR/tor_cal.asp), and you may have more luck locally.

Welcome Kaylosguy!

I too am from Louisiana, Grant parish, and was a Scout in Montgomery back in the early 80's before things shut down in Grant Parish for Scouting. Anyway, I too am in the collecting arena, and am looking for the former patches for the council that covers Grant parish. I already have some Attakapa Council, but not sure what the new ones look like. I'd be interested. And I am looking for the new Louisiana Purchase CSP. I can trade you some TAC CSPs. We have several from over the years starting with the Red TAc ones, going to the Khaki ones with European flags, til the new ones. Let me know, but I'd like to see what you have.

You can either contact me via FB, look for Michael Box or e-mail: mike.box@vtxmail.ch

Later Mike B.