My son passed his Ordeal this weekend and is now a member of the Brotherhood of Cheerful Service!

Hey, so did mine! (though in the Northeast) He's been totally jazzed about it ever since he came back, and I'm so proud of him.

Parent's brag is a great title and all of you are right on! This past weekend my oldest grandson completed his ordeal in North Carolina. I'm getting older but my mind is staying young from being around all the Scouts.

Tokala - I went through the ordeal and brotherhood in Clearwater in the mid 50's. So your lodge was my first one. Was on the dance team then.

Apache Bob

Your grandson wouldn't happen to be with the Croatan lodge would he. I know we just had our ordeal last weekend. I was supposed to go and seal my brotherhood, but I was unable to make it. I will probably be doing this in the spring due to scheduling conflicts.

Congrats to everyone who has completed their ordeal and welcome to the brotherhood.

• 11 months later...

My son got home at 1:30 this morning after completing his Ordeal in the Longhorn Council. They made it though 70 mile a hour straight line winds and flash flooding. Glad everyone made it home safe and sound yet water logged. I am sure it was memoriable, then they went to our troops eagle ceromony were 3 young men who started as tigers together all got there way though together to eagle. Quite remarkable I beleive.

First Class son, two other boys and one adult became the first Migisi Opawgan 162 brothers to come from our troop. It was a proud moment for this Scoutmaster on April 25. It's been 37 years since my Ordeal in defunct (but not forgotten) Lodge 9.

• 4 years later...

Congrats to all of the above!

Bragging of my own to do. My oldest son will be called out for Vigil Honor this weekend. I personally received Vigil last year and I am way more excited for him than I was for myself. He has served our Lodge selflessly and tirelessly and it is very well deserved! I personally get to call him out and his Mom (who is also a Brotherhood member) will be there to watch. Can't wait!

My youngest will finally be on the ballot this month so here is to hoping he is elected so he can finally join the rest of the family.