Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOAC 2015

Registration opens on August 1.

Already full...your to late unless your part of the In Crowd.

Comment

About 8-10 scouts from our chapter were were all gung-ho to go ( a reverse sash?! cool! ) then they saw the price tag... $800 plus. You could just see their minds racing " that's months of no gas for the car, no dinners, or movies with girlfriend (real or just hoped for), no summer camp, no... awww the heck with it."
      I understand that to some of us 800 isn't much, but I fear very few boys or dads for that matter, from my neck of the woods will be going. I know that renting a place that big costs a bundle (or two) Perhaps we could do something locally for the 100th.

Comment

I doubt very many in my Neck of the Woods besides the Good Ol' Boys and Gals who get to attend the Biggies will be going. I am sure Locally we are gonna be over 1500 to go.

Proud owner of the Summit yet NOAC is indoors......

Comment

Locally, our Lodge teamed up with a popular restaurant. If you ate there last night or if you eat there tonight and present a specific coupon, the restaurant will donate a portion of the bill to a fund. Arrowmen who have reserved as sport for NOAC and need financial assistance will be able to apply through this generous fund. Personally, I think it's great that the community is getting behind the Scouts and not pushing them away, as has been the case here lately.

Just last night I was made aware that they are capping the number of adults allowed to participate in a 3:1 ratio to youth Arrowmen--one adult to ever three youth. Since it's a youth-run entitiy, I can fully understand and support this cap. As for deciding which adults get to go, I wouldn't want to be the one to decide!

So, JP, did you change councils yet?

Comment

not yet...

Comment

SR2-3N has raised and Distributed $600 Scholarships to Each Lodge in Region through Auction (patches, memorbillia) at Conclave last spring..I believe they may have had enough to to do a Second Scholarship and they Hope to do 1 more next Conclave.

Comment

3:1 Ratio....Better Hope the Lodge can get a Minimum of 6 To Attend then..Otherwise gonna be hard to have 2 Deep Leadership..

Comment

Working...
                X