Did Mr Mazzuca(sp?) really ride the rope?

Nope. Unless he managed to somehow get out of the harness and helmet in about .5 seconds. It was pretty clear from my vantage point he swapped out with a body double once the guy descended to the stage.

Although, really, that would have been about the greatest stage entrance in history had he done it legitimately.

No, that wasn't him, unless he dropped 30 pounds and found it at the bottom of the tower :)

That's why we need the American "Bear Grylls" to be Chief Scout!

Yes, I mean Mike Rowe.(This message has been edited by jhankins)

From where I was sitting he got out of his harness impossibly fast. He must have been 3/4 of the way out of his harness to get out from behind the wall that fast. Maybe the guy is one of those quick change artists, or he might have a special harness, I just know that I couldn't have gotten out of a harness that fast.

That was my first thought too.

I see this as a greyscale problem but then leaders should lead by example. If a person can't do a repel maybe they should find another way to make their grand entrance. BTW at over 300lbs and 5' 10" I can and enjoy it.(This message has been edited by prairie)

Ahhh....If I could only share where I saw Mazucca Tuesday night in Fredericksburg. He even slapped on the back on the way out and told me "Don't be up too late, you have lots of work to do tomorrow."

Ain't seen nothing until you been to an All Hands Conference :) Then again the last professional conference I attended, I was kidnapped once everything was done b/c I was getting married a couple of weeks later. Thankfully I didn't have to do a scavenger hunt the last night of training the ladies in my PDL-1 class did to one poor guy who was getting married. ;)