X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Donation

What do you think of the plan to ask for a $10 donation from each visitor to the Jamboree? First time I can remember that visitors were asked to pay to get in to the Jamboree?

Good idea. Visitors cause problems at jamborees: traffic, more porta-potties, use medical facilities, need directions and worst of all they try to participate in activities. I think a $10 admission donation is a good deal for all concerned.

Comment

Yeah, but what about the people who will now think that since they DID pay that $10 admission fee, that they are now entitled to participate in the activities...

Comment

Let them think what they want, just make sure the rules are fully explained when they arrive. I think $10 is to little considering the facilities available to them. I think $25 would be better, unless they can show a $100 dollar FOS donation proof, then they get in for $10.

Comment

I'm paying a hefty sum for my two sons and myself to attend. $10 per day for visitors seems very reasonable.

Anyone paid to go to a movie lately? How about the local theme park?

Comment

Twocubdad
            As yet I haven't made up my mind if I will visit the Jamboree or not.
            But I'd be happy to pay whatever the donation is to meet up with you and the other forum members.
            Last Jamboree, I got to hang out for a while with our friend Bob White.
            Ea.

Comment

Ditto what Twocubdad said (identical wording, actually). Maybe we should meet up?

I think the fee depends on what you're trying to accomplish. The only reason to make it free, I think, would be if you viewed it as an advertisement. But I can't really see that - so recouping some of the costs seems entirely reasonable.

Comment

Working...
              X