Drove to Morgantown. Just past the state line there was a bill board welcoming scouts to the 2013 Jambo. (Big improvement over the usual greetings for Pitt fans!) My relatives are all talking about it as if it's just out back. (it's still a haul from there) So fellas coming from the north, enjoy the welcome, but remember you have a few miles to go yet.

It really is too bad that real journalism is no longer practiced. This whole piece is obviously another purposely over hyped slam at the BSA, with all the current hot button words and negative half truths. Hopefully National will respond with factual comments and push the broadly positive elements BSA continues to contribute to society, even while being attacked by the well financed political activists that have such antipathy towards traditional values.

Regarding some negative media reports, National needs to definitively respond to reports that Jamboree discriminates against obese/overweight scouts. Definitive as in onsite videos showing the temp/humidity, red flag warnings, the activity levels, exercise experts (particularly military), past experience at A.P. Hill and how that formulated changes in requirements and preparation - "physically strong". Show the benefits of the decision (heat related injuries are down) to scouts.

My $0.02

Leno just cracked a joke about some kind of 'weight' restriction. Something to do with obesity.
He made a similar joke last night. Appears he is taking a swipe at the detractors that find fault with anything BSA does. In this case it is the restrictions on obesity at the jamboree.

Yeah, they screwed up with their stadium show live feed, apparently because of Three Doors Down. I was watching the live feed and right after Mike Rowe (a great presentation), they cut the feed "due to contractual agreements." Really pissed me off and I never went back to see the rest of the show. I imagine I was not the only one. You'd think they would know better, but it seems sometimes they can be very thick-headed, PR-wise. Either put that at the end of the show or tell folks in advance they are only going to see part of the show.

Yeah, they screwed up with their stadium show live feed, apparently because of Three Doors Down. I was watching the live feed and right after Mike Rowe (a great presentation), they cut the feed "due to contractual agreements." Really pissed me off and I never went back to see the rest of the show. I imagine I was not the only one. You'd think they would know better, but it seems sometimes they can be very thick-headed, PR-wise. Either put that at the end of the show or tell folks in advance they are only going to see part of the show.
I forgot to tune in at 4:00 and when I did at 5:30 it was in the blanked-out concert. The feed came back and it was the end of the show altogether. The MC was thanking the band while the boys chanted "encore" and then it was over. So, it was at the end, but yeah they should have told us we wouldn't be seeing the headliners.