Morse code cheat cheat

I am looking for copy of a good way to learn morse code. It was with pictures

"a" was a dash dot as in apple at the end of branch

"B" was a dash and 3 dots a bat and three balls

this is all I can remember Does anyone have copy of this?

Thank's

Fran Barton Jr.

Cubmaster Pack 6 Middlebury, Ct

fbartonjrfamily@snet.net

Fellow Scouters,

Greetings!

I get a kick out of the illustrated Morse code that Old Gray Owl posted, but I don't know if a picture of "dog did it" is appropriate for Webelos Communicator pin.

flbjr, Sorry, I've never seen illustrated Morse code like you've described. However, Boy's Life had a game to assist learning Morse code. http://boyslife.org/games/online-games/575/morse-code-machine/

Signaling is a skill that each Scout can learn, but it takes practice and time to achieve the skill and speed. Like doing school Math, English and History, no student is going to skip the entire semester then walk into finals and score perfectly.

Ive been asked a few times, if I can teach Signaling MB during Spring Camporee in a 40 minute rotation of each patrol. I keep replying that I can demonstrate Signaling MB, but no Scout is going to begin and accomplish this MB in less than 40 minutes.

I highly encourage each Scout to pursue the Signaling MB, just realize that it take a few weeks (maybe months) to achieve the skills, accuracy and timing.

Signaling can be fun and functional. For example, semaphore can save a Scout a 30 minute walk around the Swimming MB water front (lake side) to speak with their SPL. They can communicate simple Q&A, to find out what time troop swim is or what time the next troop assembly is. While Morse Code is still used by a few worldwide industries and by ham radio operators to communicate around the world.

Oh yes, and finally. For flbjr, "a" or alfa is a dot dash. Dash dot is a "n" or november.

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv

I've used Code Quick, as suggested by OldGrayOwl, and probably would not have gotten my ticket without it. If I remember correctly, the author even gave some alternative phonics to possible objectionable ones in the manual. (I don't remember what the one was for 'dog did it'.)

I would also recommend Nu-Morse, http://www.nu-ware.com, as a great program for teaching code on a PC. It also has pictures and phonics built into the program (but 'Dad did it' this time)and helps with recognition and speed. What I also liked about the program was it could "flash" the code for someone who is hearing impaired

I remember a set of flash cards comprised of pictures.

'R' is for Racer - the picture was a pinewood derby car - the code for R is dot dash dot - so the front wheel was the first dot a dash was the car body and the back wheel was the last dot.

Eish and Tmo are the seven easy letters.

E = Dot

I = Dot Dot

S = Dot Dot Dot

H = Dot Dot Dot Dot

T = Dash

M = Dash Dash

O = Dash Dash Dash