Rechartering the EASY way!

Well, it's rechartering time, and what a burdensome nuisance THAT often is!

I took charge of that twice, and said never again! I saddled the CC with it for a couple of years, but he moved out of the area this summer, perhaps to avoid getting nailed a third time. And no other likely donkey available on which to pin that tail.

So this fall I decided that I would do rechartering the EASY way.

My aim was to recharter with ONLY those Scouts who had already paid their dues by the middle of September, and to re register only adults we needed and who had their YPTo date.

(Chasing adults to complete training or getting new adults registered as leaders and youth to get dues paid are a major reason why rechartering is a gigantic nuisance,

I more or less adhered to those goals and got the recharter turned in to the DE a week after they were handed out at Roundtable. I was told we were not only the first unit in the district to complete rechartering, but the first in the COUNCIL!

So now as additional youth and adults need to be registered, I mail those in along with a check for each small group. Additional youth or adults who were dropped on the recharter can be added back on again upon request to the DE.

This makes things a lot simpler.