New Troop Program Features (Vol. I)

Okay, so after a delay of a year and half, apparently Volume 1 of the "next-generation" Program Features has hit the scout stores (three months too late to be used during the planning conference, but whatever). Has anyone had a chance to look through these? I liked the content they previewed back when they first announced, but was wondering if the rest of the features were of the same quality.

• 1 month later...

I haven't found it as a pdf yet. Bought Vol I a couple of months ago.

First impressions:

1. the "old" Program Features is in alphabetical order, new one is not. This bugs me.

2. They've added "Group Instruction" time in the Troop meeting plan. Seems to get away from Patrol method.

3. The new layout is prettier.

I'm attaching a link to a pdf of Communications week 1 Troop meeting plan both new & old for your comparison.

Edited to add:

The attached link got shortened and therefore didn't work. Trying this again. May have to copy/paste into your web browser.

https://d85.camscanner.com/sync/dl/766/EEA0673AC0204AD692A507P0.pdf?title=New+Document+2.pdf

• 2 months later...

Could anyone who has the new Program Features Vol 1 book possibly scan and send me the Climbing and Rappelling ones? Our local council office is out of the book until at least next week, which usually means next month. I'm a certified climbing instructor and former Venturing advisor helping a nearby unit plan some activities I'm going to be supervising. Thanks in advance for any helping hands!

• 5 months later...

At the risk of using a "Lazarus thread", I bought Volume I at the scout shop today (we had a good laugh at how volume II was going to be released in May but wasn't).  I wanted to pick it up before our annual planning meeting on Sunday.  Has anyone used these in the year since they have been released?  I was curious how these were compared to the old ones.  The boys will probably have to do a mix of both the old and the new for this year.

At the risk of using a "Lazarus thread", I bought Volume I at the scout shop today (we had a good laugh at how volume II was going to be released in May but wasn't).  I wanted to pick it up before our annual planning meeting on Sunday.  Has anyone used these in the year since they have been released?  I was curious how these were compared to the old ones.  The boys will probably have to do a mix of both the old and the new for this year.

Not the new ones. We've found very little changes. We continue to use the old ones.