Not that I have seen. But, if rechartering and it will expire before the charter takes effect, it needs to be done. "I have been told" they will finally simply not recharter anyone without current dates at the start of the charter.

We were told at roundtable this past week (District Chairman is on the national committee) that it was going to be annually now. The presenter about the new program changes said that not the District Chair.

I do it anyway, but it's going to be a bit tough getting everyone on board every year.

Stosh

I don't mind annual renewal of YPT as it is critically important that we all, as leaders, follow the guidelines to protect ourselves and the boys. But I wish it was renewed more like a test and not the full video program... especially if they are not going to change the videos. Take the full training once then let renewals just be a series of multiple choice (or whatever) tests. If we fail to score high enough on the test then we have to retake the full video training.

• Upvote 1

As someone else noted, when you recharter youth protection must be current for the full period covered by the new charter, or you will have to retake YPT.

I'll give an example. Pack's charter expires January 31, 2015. My YPT expires December 15, 2015. In order for me to recharter from February 1 2015 to January 31, 2016, I MUST (emphasis) take YPT before the pack turns in their charter, otherwise SCOUTNET will not allow me to recharter.

I can see national making it a yearly certification. Hey they already tried to make everyone who is fully trained to redo training every time it changes its name. Plus if memory serves, YPT was a "one and done" course when I first became an ASM.

Yearly certification will not work if YPT needs to be current for the full period covered by the new charter. Everyone in the Pack/Troop (not to mention district/council) would need to take YPT on January 31, 2015 in your example. Not a day earlier or a day later. Think BSA IT Is up to the task ? How many of the leaders could we get to really do that?