Questions about Packmaster

Does anybody here use Packmaster as their advancement tracking software? As a new cubmaster in a pack that just had a new advancement chair step up and a former advancement chair that is unwilling to assist the new A/C with the system we have a few questions.

We did use it and had a three year license. I used it mostly at popcorn time. It has a very good spreadsheet that is easy for your Kernal to use. That being said, we are not going to renew our license. I could not get the Den Leaders to use it. (we had the version that had to be downloaded to a users computer.)

I used it on the Pack level as both Advancement Chair and later as CC. I also use it on the Troop level as CC.

I found Troopmaster's staff very helpful, exceptionally knowledgeable (considering most are not active Scouters) and willing to take the time to help our unit(s) make the most of their system. I highly recommend calling them. That's what you've paid for, after all!

However, if there is a general-ish question, I'd be happy to help. I'm sorry to hear the old AC isn't willing/interested in helping. BTDT, wrote the book! Ask away under this post and I'll check back later....

I have had to call them a few times and I agree, its been good to work with them, but their hours are the same as my work hours, and sometimes its hard to get the time to call them.

I am working with the web version of the system, and need to get our scouts to "move up" a den (i.e. scouts are still listed in their dens from last year, tiger cubs are still listed as tigers, not wolves), etc. Is there an easy way to change that? me and our advancement chair (who has the actual program installed on her computer) have tried figuring it out on our own, but have been unsuccessful. I was hoping It would be a simple fix and could get some advice here and not have to spend a work break on the phone, but if I have to, I will.

I have had to call them a few times and I agree, its been good to work with them, but their hours are the same as my work hours, and sometimes its hard to get the time to call them.

I am working with the web version of the system, and need to get our scouts to "move up" a den (i.e. scouts are still listed in their dens from last year, tiger cubs are still listed as tigers, not wolves), etc. Is there an easy way to change that? me and our advancement chair (who has the actual program installed on her computer) have tried figuring it out on our own, but have been unsuccessful. I was hoping It would be a simple fix and could get some advice here and not have to spend a work break on the phone, but if I have to, I will.

Theres an easy way to do that in the desktop application, which it sounds like your A/C has. Its under "Scouts", called "Graduate to next grade..."

We found that part, and I think we got it switched. How about getting the web version to reflect the changes. We tried doing a sync, but for some reason its not showing up on the web version. perhaps we did it wrong?