Hey all I need some advice on some issues with our pack's COR/CC. Basically it is him and his wife one is COR/CC and the other is Treas. My position is CM. They are very controlling I have other leaders and parents also telling me this. I have went and got trained and have tried to bring back what I learned. They don't want to get on board with what I want to do. They have started side stepped me. By emailing den leaders and omitting me from the emails. There is no accountablity or transparency. I have tried to talk to them one on one. But they get very defensive and shut me dowm. They seem to only follow the BSA policies they want to. Now I find out they have been paying for the pack awards for the last 3 months. When we just rechartered at the end of Jan. I have talked to other pack in the area and we are charging twice as much for recharting then they do. So I addressed my concerns at the last committee meeting. They stated the pack has no money. We have no budget. Which I requested we do last year. Now I have some upset Leaders wanting to know where all our fund went to. So i pulled our pack's account fromt he scout office. They have been mixing there personal funds and pack funds together on this account.

Now I have some upset Leaders wanting to know where all our fund went to. So i pulled our pack's account fromt he scout office. They have been mixing there personal funds and pack funds together on this account.

Call the District Executive.

This sounds like a "friends of" organization, and the COR is representing nobody but family. How many adults attend Pack committee meetings? Does the COR attend roundtable and council events? (I can kinda guess the answer.) If someone is behaving this way, it's because nobody else stepped up and said "That's not how things should work. Let us do our job, and you do yours."

Thanks for the replies. He does attend the district committee meetings and roundtables. They do a great good organizing the pack events. But it seems all they care about is getting the scouts all the awards they can. Which is good. There has never been any reports on pack funds or popcorn sales or recharter dues collected at any of our committee meetings which they handle. . I have talked to other people that serve on other non-profit committees. They have told me that there meeting always cover the financial state of the NPO. Correct me if I am wrong, But what I was told at training is the the COR/CC handles the Business/Admin of the pack and the CM excutes whatever plan the committee comes up with.

Well, there's no one person to turn to. A strong committee should put a CC/COR "in their place". The other way around: any leader with good followers gets into the habit of getting approval from them before acting. Your unit commissioner may be able to sit all of you down and point out that some of the adults are feeling railroaded and that is taking the fun out of scouting for them. But your district chair may have never assigned a UC because CC/COR is putting on a good show of it at roundtable.

'Bout the only single person that can tell them that they need to change is the institutional head. But, in my experience, the best people to effect change are the parents who take time to sit on a committee and insist that business be transacted differently.

• Upvote 1
So i pulled our pack's account fromt he scout office. They have been mixing there personal funds and pack funds together on this account.

I'm curious how this worked? Councils don't collect financial statements or anything along those lines from units. The only "account" that the council would be involved with would be the unit account used to pre-pay registration fees, advancement item purchases, and the like. The council allows these folks to make deposits and withdrawals from this account?

I'm curious how this worked? Councils don't collect financial statements or anything along those lines from units. The only "account" that the council would be involved with would be the unit account used to pre-pay registration fees, advancement item purchases, and the like. The council allows these folks to make deposits and withdrawals from this account?

This is the account I looked up. noticed deposit made to this account from our pack account and there personnel account

Firstly, as has been implied, only the Institution Head or the Charter Org Rep can "remove" the Cubmaster. The Pack Committee should concur, but by the book, doesn't need to. If you find that you have truly "been removed":

I will review your choices for you:

1) Roll up your bed roll , saddle up and find a new ranch. Take the young Cub with you. Make sure all the other parents know you have been "removed" (by letter or email, but make it polite, simple and to the point), and graciously thank them for their past help. I dare say they will make their own conclusions. Smile and wave as you go by.

2) Contact the District Leadership (look it up on line under the Council website: District Commissioner, District Executive, et al) and make sure they know what you have found out about finances, leadership style, ownership of the Pack, and ask their opinion and advice. Keep Cub in Pack to continue his Scouting career with his friends and familiar surroundings. Make nice with Pack Leadership. Apologize to them for misunderstanding things. The Cub cannot be removed from the Pack without really good cause. "They" can bar you from the meetings, but do you see that as a possibility? Do you want to see that happen? How much of an threat by your questions have you become?

3) Raise hue and cry. Go to the newspapers and tv stations and divulge the corruption and betrayal you have discovered. .But I think you know that is not the track you want to take , not yet anyway.

4) Keep this website on your "favorites" bar and tells us what happens next in the melodrama, "As the Pack Turns".

Did you ever talk to the head of your Charter Organization?

What kind of organization is your Charter Org? Does it actually have a head, or is it just a 2 person CO - COR, and his wife, only?

Again, venting here is just venting. It will not do anything to improve your situation. If your have an actual Charter Organization - talk to it's head officer about what is going on in IT'S pack.

If what you have is a 2 person CO, then your best bet is to leave. Find a decent Pack to move into. Tell the other parents that you are leaving. Tell them why, and where you are going. Invite them to come along.