X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle COH Question

My son is having his Eagle COH tomorrow and I am the scoutmaster of the troop.

I have zero responsibilities tomorrow. Should my dress be scout uniform or suit and tie?

Wear the uniform.

Comment

Uniform, and congratulations!

Comment

It's a scout activity, full uniform!

Stosh

Comment

Uniform.

Comment

Whatever your son would prefer you to wear.

Comment

Ask your son, but, I wore a suit and tie. I chose my role as Dad over my role as Scoutmaster.

Comment

I'm still Dad when I wear my uniform.

Stosh

Comment

It is always appropriate for a BSA member to wear their uniform to a scouting function. Now, for you son's ECOH, I would wear your uniform but make it the "plain" one as opposed to the Panamanian General uniform so as not to distract from the real VIP of the event.

Comment

When my son makes Eagle (crossing fingers) my husband will wear a suit and tie (he is the Scoutmaster). When he wears his Scoutmaster uniform that is his role, he is the Scoutmaster for ALL the boys in the troop. In his suit and tie he will only be the proud Dad of his son. Being the father to his son is his only job that day.

Comment

I wore my uniform at my oldest son's Eagle COH. I would wear whatever he wanted. He had no preference, so I wore the uniform I have worn for most of his scouting career.

Comment

Working...
                      X