X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamp for signatures

What do you all think about signature stamps instead of signing each individual item by pen? I remember all of my awards, rank cards, and blue cards were stamped as a kid and I don't feel cheated. The CC and AC seem to think it is too impersonal.

I'm a bit old-fashioned. It's always easier to carry a pen in my pocket than a stamp and pad.

Stosh

Comment

• jblake47
      jblake47 commented
      Editing a comment
      for that price I can get about 180 ball point pens from Staples (60/$5.79). At the rate I lose them, after 3 years, I'll probably still have 160 of them.

A scout is Thrifty.

Stosh

• gsdad
      gsdad commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been using the same pen for years so it evens out for me.

• jblake47
      jblake47 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, but I get to hand out pens with every card.

Stosh

I agree with Stosh. I use a pen because it's easier. It's not a bad idea to use a stamp. I just don't own one, but I never seem to run out pens.

Comment

If you're going to go to that much trouble. Skip the stamp and just use the pad and put down a thumb print. No one can say it's not you signing!

Stosh

Comment

I have a stamp that I use for bulk signing. 30 kids at camp taking 3 merit badges is 90 signatures to open the blue card, 180 when they are completed, and 270 by the time I get to the completed award card. For the random signatures at troop meetings, a pen works just fine and takes up less space in my pocket. In case you were wondering, I ordered mine online through one of the office supply stores.
      Pat

Comment

I think the CC and AC are overthinking it.

Comment

I think you're all overthinking it.

Comment

I'm thinking a nice Word document, properly formatted, could handle hundreds if not thousands of blue cards in just a few minutes. I'm still thinking a pen would be easier to carry around than a laptop and printer.

Or, maybe there's some boy out there that needs service hours... no!, an Eagle project, yeah, that's the ticket!

Stosh

Comment

Isn't that what ASMs are for?

Comment

• gsdad
                gsdad commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm a CM at the moment and it seems the AC forgets things needed to be signed until five minutes before the Pack Meeting.

• qwazse
                qwazse commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't think there's a "scoutmaster or designee" line on the MB application.

I sign everything personally. Illegibly, but personally.

Comment

• jblake47
                jblake47 commented
                Editing a comment
                Just put down an "X" and then have someone else sign verifying it is your X.

Stosh
            Working...
            X