PD-L1 training DE training

Well it's been over 10 years since I went to PDL-1, but here is what I remember. Prior to going, I had to have basic training completed for Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Explorers ( I told you I'm dating myself ;) Flew in to Dallas and rode a courtesy van to the hotel. So transpo was not an issue except on your own time, what little there is. After breakfast classes begins, and lunches and dinners can be working ones, modeling banqets, FOS dinners, etc. Your patrol is given an assignment to do, and the classes cover all aspects of the job.

We took a field trip to a camp used by Boy Scouts and had campfire program. Also took a field trip to national HQ. Friday nite we went to a rodeo, and Satuday morning was some classes. Satuday nite we were dropped off at a mall, and Sunday was free, so some of us chipped in to rent a car to go to the movies.

Only night we had off, besides the weekend, was the nite of the last episode of FRIENDS which every one, including instructors watched at the bar. Afterwards, some of the ladies in our class had one of the guys go on a scavenger hunt since he was leaving early Friday due to his wedding.

Don't expect any contact with the council office, as that is highly discouraged. One of our guys almost, stress almost, got into some trouble with one of the instructors when he got a call form his council during class. When he came back in, insturctor was ticked off, until the student told him that the $1 million dollar endowment he was working on prior to PDL-1 was finalized. The the Instructor was stunned :)