The easiest way to remove a youth member is to convince him to join another unit. ;) then he's off your roster and someone else's problem.

But yes, you can remove him from your unit, and he's in la la land with BSA unti he joins a new unit. Or you can report what happened to the scout executive and ask that he be removed from membership with the BSA and they'll consider it strongly and he'll probably be removed from membership as you request if it's a serious enough allegation

Units don't control the youth's membership with BSA, which is why a youth can be a member of multiple units but will still have the same ID number.

A unit can kick a youth off the unit roster but the boy is still a member unless national revokes membership.

You have control over membership in your unit only. Your council has control over the boy's membership in BSA.

Report the physical violence (as per youth protection rules), and other actions, to your Council SE. It is up to them to take it from there.

The youth can seek another unit until National takes him off the row. I've never seen it get that far because either another unit is willing to take the kid or his reputation is bad enough that he can't find another unit. I have seen this scenario lay out more often with adult leaders than scouts. Barry

Just getting ducks in a row for a sit down with the cc mom and scout.
Nope another of the Bad News Bear team.....Goooooo Team.

Issue started with this young man 2 months ago....Maybe something at home, don't know. I felt like a ref at a MMA bout last night. Done with it.

Smart phone attack, Mom, Scout, CC and Me.

The reason for my question when I scheduled the meeting he said go ahead and throw me out I will just join another unit.

With an attitude like that.......Well he just needs to have his membership revoked.

Just getting ducks in a row for a sit down with the cc mom and scout.
Well you can certainly inform the leadership at all,the units in a reasonable distance of the problems. Also only directly send his TWH reports directly to his new unit with a nice note. Let him find out if the grass really is greener.

After you cool down, think about what might be going on with the kid. Hormones can be powerful. If he was a good scout 2 months ago maybe a 30-60 day break from troop activities is in order while he sorts things out.

Have you ever written anything you latter regretted ? Well maybe not YOU, but most people have. :)

They have units in some detention centers. I know of one boy who was served well by it being available to him.
He had already racked up the POR time, did his project, had to do a few MBs.