X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift for outgoing Cubmaster

I would like to get the outgoing Cubmaster a gift thanking him for his two years of service to our pack. As always seems to be the case, he stepped up to be a leader when no one else would do it, and he has done a great job of supporting the den leaders and the scouts. However, he is not a die-hard Scouter, so a gift that is solely scout-related would probably just go in the closet. A gift card is too impersonal. What have your packs or troops given as gifts to outgoing leaders?

you could get him some beers in the bar at the Eagles, If your feeling spendy you could get him something from the top shelf......

When I retired as cubmaster they got me a book of scoutmaster minutes, a nice backpack/book bag from the scout shop.

Does he/she have any hobbys your aware of????

Comment

I got the big honking multi-tool from the Scoutshop:
    http://www.scoutstuff.org/bsa/campin...ulti-tool.html
    It too big to carry, so it rides in the car.

If he doesn't have a good Leatherman, this one with the belt clip lives with me:
    http://www.leatherman.com/product/Sideclip

Comment

Not useful, but I was thinking that a mini pack flag, on the order of 5inx7in, in a nice frame would be a nice memento. I could see hanging it in my home office. Better than a card I think.

Comment

like the leatherman....who doesn't need another knife

Comment

Food is always a gift that gets used. No not a tin of cheese lovers popcorn. Depending on your budget, Omaha Steaks is a nice gift. Overpriced, but they are good. You can usually find deals online. A Honey Baked Ham goes over big I'm my house. Tickets to a sports game,mid he likes sports. If you really want to go all out get a Lexus with a big bow in the roof.

Comment

when I took over as CM we got the outgoing CM a professionally carved walking stick, and all the boys signed it in Sharpie. My older son's CM, we got him a pretty big gift cert to a nice steakhouse in the city... mostly to thank his wife for her patience and longsuffering lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseballfan View Post
              when I took over as CM we got the outgoing CM a professionally carved walking stick, and all the boys signed it in Sharpie. My older son's CM, we got him a pretty big gift cert to a nice steakhouse in the city... mostly to thank his wife for her patience and longsuffering lol.
              I'd like that. I'd like to amend my early suggestion of the framed min-pack flag to add "signed by the boys".
              Just my opinion, but I think generic gifts will be forgotten. While you may remember the pack every time you use a knife that you carry a lot, if it's not a frequent use thing it might be sort of forgotten..... and if it is a frequent use thing it may very well get lost or broken.

I love food gifts generally, much better than something that you don't want or need, but it seems to me in the case of a gift from the pack you're after something of a more long term memento.

Comment

Our SM stepped down after 7 years this past spring. We gave him a framed print of Norman Rockwell"s "The Scoutmaster" because he gave a Rockwell print to every scout who earned Eagle. He loved it.

Comment

If you are spending the cash, there is a swiss army knife that has a USB drive in it. I have given that some of my Eagles as they went off to college.

http://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Swi...ef=pd_sim_sg_3

Comment

• Horizon
                    Horizon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There used to be a version with a blade and the drive, didn't spot it on first review.

• TSS_Chris
                    TSS_Chris commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've had one of these for years... Mine's got a 256MB drive in it.

They make 2 versions: One with just the drive so it's "airplane safe", and one where the USB drive is a "blade" in the executive-style knife. All the current versions are here.
                    http://www.victorinox.com/us/categor...01/1019&m=add&

I can say, it's definitely a conversation piece when I pull it out in meetings when someone asks "Do you have a flash drive?"

• dedkad
                    dedkad commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Found one after doing search. I'm ordering it to check it out.

For ours, I made a plaque out of maple and a paper with all the boys signatures.

Comment

We got our previous CM, as well as outgoing leaders gift certificates to Applebees.

I hope we do the same thing again with the outgoing leadership as it is well deserved. But I know that the CM will being getting the Scouter Award

Comment

Working...
                    X