The idiots running this jamboree

So I get an email that my scout is missing his Jambo physical, they never received it online or via mail This is complete Bull because I filled it out and mailed it well before the deadline. I printed what I mailed and got it signed by his doctor so I know it was there........

So I try to log in to his dashboard......His physical page is competely missing.......What the heck........this isn't the first IT webpage screw up at the jamboree.....I have never seen an IT department run like this train wreck......

So I start sending emails to everything I can find on the summit page....they are bouncing higher than a basketball, many come back undelivable.......No phone numbers to call...

So at this point I am stuck.....I have called an left a message for his Troops SM

Ya I am pissed......for the amount of money spent this has been a very second rate experience.

Bottom line someone high up needs to get the ax out and start chopping that department to shredsssss...... Pretty obvious they are unable to do their job.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does anyone have a phone number to call at national to get this resolved???????/    

After reading these comments from so many different folks, I sure am glad we took our troop to Virginia in 2010 to visit what may very well have been the last good Jamboree!

Not to be in defense but I will. The extra fee for the whitewater rafting and the technical climbing were announced in December or January. It was in the webinar notes posted on the bsajamboree webs

BD, I received this e-mail earlier, it looks like it's just a screw up not a problem with your medical.

"An email went out last night to jamboree participants referencing their medical forms being incomplete. The email was incorrect and is causing a lot of participants and their families undue stress and worry. IDG is working to send out an email right now asking everyone to disregard the email that was sent. If anyone contacts you about this email, please extend our sincerest apologies for the confusion and ask them to disregard.

If someone should have any questions about their medical or the email, please ask them to call the National Support Center at 855-707-2644 and they will assist them.

Again, we do apologize for the mix-up and are working as quickly as possible to have it corrected.

Thank you.

Larry"

I wonder why I didn't receive that email........

I still think the entire crew needs fired........From the ticket with no name screw up..... now the permission slips that are no longer any good and need resigned with a 4 page form......

We are less than 2 months out.......I hope they have their stuff together when my scout arrives. I have significant doubts..

I'm an ASM for our contingent, I got this forwarded from someone further up the food chain. We sent it out to everyone in the Jambo troop. Interestingly neither my son nor I received the original screwed up e-mail.

My guess about the actual Jambo is that there will be lots of hiccups but they'll feed us and the volunteers will make the programs work.

They have been asking anyone with a contingent, like myself, to volunteer in program areas, so I'm sure they're a little short of help.

Yeah, it's been an experience... that's for sure. I logged into the dashboard last week for both my medical and my son's medical and the dashboard said there were problems with both - many unanswered questions. I'm positive that I answered the questions when I did it online - and had saved PDF versions of the documents, so I KNOW I did it correctly. Yet, there were missing answers. That's ok, I ran through the medical screens again and answered the questions. The dashboard then said that the medical forms were complete. I got an email this morning that said there were problems with my med so I went back to the dashboard - it said all was well. I figured that the email was probably teed up from the missing answers.

My son is doing the whitewater rafting - the first attempt at paying the $50 fee led to nothing but frustration - the tool would let me add the quantity to the shopping cart, but I couldn't pay for it. I sent an email off the the jamboree folks and never heard back. I waited a week and tried it again and was able to get through the shopping cart experience. I printed the ticket - no name, no jambo #. Just a barcode. I reached out to a local scouter who had successfully registered her son for whitewater and she said after you've paid, completely exit the jamboree site and go back in and do it again. I did - and it looked like it was gonna charge me another $50. Yikes! When I clicked on the link it then popped up with a completed order and then I clicked on 'print ticket' and got the ticket with my son's name & number on it. Go figure.

Yeah, it's been an experience... that's for sure. I logged into the dashboard last week for both my medical and my son's medical and the dashboard said there were problems with both - many unanswered questions. I'm positive that I answered the questions when I did it online - and had saved PDF versions of the documents, so I KNOW I did it correctly. Yet, there were missing answers. That's ok, I ran through the medical screens again and answered the questions. The dashboard then said that the medical forms were complete. I got an email this morning that said there were problems with my med so I went back to the dashboard - it said all was well. I figured that the email was probably teed up from the missing answers.

My son is doing the whitewater rafting - the first attempt at paying the $50 fee led to nothing but frustration - the tool would let me add the quantity to the shopping cart, but I couldn't pay for it. I sent an email off the the jamboree folks and never heard back. I waited a week and tried it again and was able to get through the shopping cart experience. I printed the ticket - no name, no jambo #. Just a barcode. I reached out to a local scouter who had successfully registered her son for whitewater and she said after you've paid, completely exit the jamboree site and go back in and do it again. I did - and it looked like it was gonna charge me another $50. Yikes! When I clicked on the link it then popped up with a completed order and then I clicked on 'print ticket' and got the ticket with my son's name & number on it. Go figure.

They must be using the same coders as vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

lol. Yeah, but things have gotten a lot better here...!
I'm an ASM for our contingent, I got this forwarded from someone further up the food chain. We sent it out to everyone in the Jambo troop. Interestingly neither my son nor I received the original screwed up e-mail.

My guess about the actual Jambo is that there will be lots of hiccups but they'll feed us and the volunteers will make the programs work.

They have been asking anyone with a contingent, like myself, to volunteer in program areas, so I'm sure they're a little short of help.

So not only do you have to manage your contigent, now your responsible for putting on the program......

Nice.

Wow, I can agree with BD on something. I received the same email regarding my daughter. They told me they were missing our email address. How is that possible? You emailed me to tell me this. There were also blank boxes on the history, that were not blank on the forms I printed.

Wow, I can agree with BD on something. I received the same email regarding my daughter. They told me they were missing our email address. How is that possible? You emailed me to tell me this. There were also blank boxes on the history, that were not blank on the forms I printed.

I attended the last two Jamborees as an ASM and I'm on my Council's Jambo committee for this Jambo. Please keep in mind that there are 10's of thousands of participants and staff attending and calling national......regardless of how frustrated you are.....probably isn't going to get you the results you desire in the time frame you expect. I'd go thru the Jambo SM first who will talk to the Jambo committee chair or the council professional assigned to the committee. This professional can find and contact someone at national much quicker than you can. If you think you must, then do an end run around your SM and call the chair or professional directly.

Putting on my mod hat for a minute, I'm not going to alter or delete anything in this thread. That being said, this isn't the politics forum and we need to be mindful of the Oath and Law regarding the language we use.