X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copernicus Birthday

I'd like to celebrate the 540th birthday of Copernicus (according to the Gregorian calendar, about 13 days or so off if by Julian). Google has a really cool celebratory doodle.

I love Copernicus! He is the basis for one of my most favorite family stories. My daughter, brilliant in math, graduated Valdictorian from her high school, first told me about Copernicus, she pronounced it Copper-nick-us, rather than Co-per-ni-cuss. I always have to remind her that math may be a breeze, she does need to work on English a bit, too.

Comment

I love Copernicus! He is the basis for one of my most favorite family stories. My daughter, brilliant in math, graduated Valdictorian from her high school, first told me about Copernicus, she pronounced it Copper-nick-us, rather than Co-per-ni-cuss. I always have to remind her that math may be a breeze, she does need to work on English a bit, too.

Comment

In a less tranquil time, I always liked Copernicus, he was Polish and a good defense, at least internally, against all the dumb polack jokes I was told

PS Madame Curie was Polish as well

Comment

• packsaddle
          packsaddle commented
          Editing a comment
          OldGreyEagle,...h'mmmmm....doesn't 'sound' Polish.

We celebrate President's Day with mattress sales. Perhaps we can celebrate Copernicus' birthday with small appliance sales.

Comment

Working...
        X