Changing horses midstream

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very different! I am lost! How did you start a new thread? I could only see how to add to an old thread, so I put something in the one Terry-scouter had started..

Have you found how to arrange things for all forums?? The link for latest threads seem to be at the sub forum level only.. I don't want to thread through post from 2001 !!!

There are some neat features though.. If I can figure out how to navagate and start new threads my equilibrium might come back.

Also I tried posting to another thread and got an obnoxious "Syntax error - invalid charactor" .. I took it down to the very first paragrah with the same error, then put all in but first paragraph still same error.. Errrrghhh!

Okay -- up at the top, in a drop-down next to your login name, there are some settings that can be changed. So far, so good. However, what I would really like to figure out is how to get "latest first" on postings. Right now, it seems to default to "earliest first".

Guy

Okay -- up at the top' date=' in a drop-down next to your login name, there are some settings that can be changed. So far, so good. However, what I would really like to figure out is how to get "latest first" on postings. Right now, it seems to default to "earliest first". Guy[/quote']

:confused:Agree. For me , the topic list first appears in descending order then quickly flips to ascending order.

In trying some posts this morning, my impression is this forum update is still in progress. Some edit features are only working in Preview and not after you post. The filter defaults and sorting could use some work too. Unable to upload photos. Looks like some cool functionality may be coming.

My $0.02 (I tried uploading a jpg and gif of two cents but no luck)

I had my Favorites link all set up to go immediately to "last 24 hours" and had it sorted by date to "latest first".. Then was use to hitting the favorites link everytime I got out of the post I was in, as it moved fatester then the back button, and if you posted or anything, the back could be several backs..

I will see what the dropdown next to login name will get me.. (all I see is a place to describe more about me.. And an area where I can set text colors and borders & stuff)..

Has anyone found how to create a new thread. RememberSchiff does because he started this one.. I can only post to threads already created..

Unlike the old forum, you need Login first in order to see the [New Post] button at the top of the sub forum list.

1. So Login in upper right corner. Your username moosetracker will be displayed

2. On the left margin under SCOUTER Network, Select HOME

3. You will see SCOUTER Forums with a Directory of Forums

4. Select Forum, say Issues & Politics, note the listing starts with old posts from 2000, you can press Filter and select Time Last Week but there is no Last 24 hours and this selection is not sticky

5.Anyway you probably saw the blue +New Topic button on left just above topics listing, press that and you get a Create New Topic text box.

Hope this helps.

I just realized -- has anyone checked other browsers yet? For example, I am using Firefox (my default browser) and I clearly see things like "post reply" and "new topic" buttons. However, it isn't clear how to reverse the ordering of posts. Still looking.