Scouts to serve at Presidential Inauguration

"On Monday, January 21 approximately 750 Scouts from National Capital Area Council will participate in the 57th Presidential Inauguration, continuing a tradition that reaches back to President Woodrow Wilson."

Scouts will serve as ADA volunteers, Inside Line Management volunteers, Magnetometer ADA volunteers,...

More info here

http://boyscouts-ncac.doubleknot.com/newsfeed/national-capital-area-council-scouts-participate-in-the-57th-presidential-inauguration/8808

I am continually amazed at the strange comments on these boards at times. Service, including sometimes potty patrol, is a part of scouting; and serving at the inauguration is particularly special.

If you can brag that you helped with an inauguration you will be proud of yourself. It does not matter too much the job, although much of it is less than glamorous.

Yah, what skeptic said!

One of da things in my mind that distinguishes Eagle Scouts is that they step up to do what needs to be done. While others are all about themselves, a scout recognizes that helping the disabled find a seat, helping the wounded veteran get to a porta-john, helping da Secret Service by managing lines so that folks aren't out in the cold too long - those things matter, and a man steps up.

A Scout Salute to the lads who step up to serve their country by servin' their fellow citizens, and a nod to the President's inauguration team for knowing the right group of young people to call upon for cheerful service.

Beavah

Totally agree with Skeptic and Beavah on this. Scouts are prepared to do whatever is needed, when it needs to get done.

In days like today, when Scouts are often looked down upon, it is rewarding to know we are still the ones people count on to help out. The Inauguration team very well could have left us out due to our "politically incorrect" standards. I don't doubt some of the Scouts will hear some unfortunate comments from some folks in the crowd.

But what other youth group could they assemble who could actually represent the youth of America and serve a genuine purpose at the same time?

Constantin Stanislavski famously remarked that "there are no small parts, only small actors"

I thought in the United States we respected work and its takes many members to make up a team. Not everyone can lead the parade, there is sweeping up to do as well and no shame in it either

Boy Scout Troop 358 of Grace Baptist Church, Philadelphia return for the SECOND time to march in the Presidential Inaugural Parade this Monday January 17, 2013, Martin Luther King Day.

They are the only Boy Scout troop marching in the parade, though I am sure other individual scouts are in the parade but associated with leadership, sports, and school programs.

http://www.philly.com/philly/video/BC2103577881001.html