hello from over the water

not trying to press buttons, I thought i'd say hello and write a bit about me. I run the troop with my partner, the kids really don't care, the parents all know and don't care either, in the UK its a none issue. I'm a rock climber and down hill bike racer too :o . I do find it interesting reading some posts on here, which are so different to the uk, but equally there are posts that are the same with leaders looking for help and advice, mostly about the kids :o

I am fairly new to the forum, however not new to scouting in America. Hopefully America will catch up with the rest of the world and it will all become a non-issue here too. It's really about the kids, right? Welcome, I look forward to getting some new ideas from your side of the world.

As a moderators note, we can either greet our new friend, or we can discuss America's politics about homosexuals. If that will be the case this thread will be moved to Issues and Politics.

If this thread is to going to talk about differences between American Scouting and other Scouting Organizations unrelated to the membership policy regarding homosexuals and atheists, than it will stay where it is.

Sentinel947

...If this thread is to going to talk about differences between American Scouting and other Scouting Organizations unrelated to the membership policy regarding homosexuals and atheists' date=' than it will stay where it is. ...[/quote']

So, we can greet our new friend in language more suited for the "Scouting Around the World" forum and it stays here?

I'm sensing a bias against "I&P" speek. ;)