New member, new den leader, new to the scouts

Hi! I am a father to a 6 year old tiger cub as well as one of the Den Leaders. I personally was never a scout, it was not big where I grew up and I wasn't really exposed to it until high school (after we'd moved to another area). But on my own I have done a lot of camping/hiking/fishing/etc. that really meshes with the scouts ethos. So I signed my son up and volunteered to be a leader in his den. The pack we are in (in the Del-Mar-Va council) is amazing. Very passionate leaders who have put together awesome trips/activities/go see it's for our kids and I'm happy and proud to be a part of it with my son. Right after joining we went on a camping trip (late October) to our council's just opened (third) camp ground and it was an incredible bonding experience with my son. Sitting by the fire and keeping warm while he talked with the other scouts and heard fun stories from the WEBELOS of their adventures and I heard the stories from their dads of how much they enjoyed doing all of it with their sons. So anyway, I am here to learn more about the scouts and how to be a den leader, the leaders in our pack are so amazing and helpful and so full of ideas which is wonderful, I almost need a filter to get through them all. Anyway looking forward to chatting with you all!! Thanks!

• Upvote 1