Been a long time lurker and would check in infrequently. Was saddened to read about the passing of OldGreyEagle. The past few months have certainly been interesting here.

I have been involved in scouts since I joined cub scouts as a kid. I am currently an ASM in a local troop. As with many troops, this one has been operating as a troop and not as a collection of patrols for a while. Boy-led is in name only. Change is slow and I continually remind the other ASM's that we "aren't there yet", but we should strive to the ideals.

Over the past few years lurking I see I am not alone. I have often thought about commenting, but didn't register. I don't know how much I will post, but at least I now have that option.

Hello from WI

You will find a ton of help on the boy-led issue here on the forum. However, quit lurking and get involved in the discussions, you may learn something about how others are doing things, but they may learn something just as valuable from you!

Stosh

Hello from WI

You will find a ton of help on the boy-led issue here on the forum. However, quit lurking and get involved in the discussions, you may learn something about how others are doing things, but they may learn something just as valuable from you!

Stosh

Thanks. I will jump in.
Welcome DuctTape, Are you a traditional silver/grey or a progressive zebra/neon ?
LOL. I must have internalized so many of the discussions from the forum. Answer is the same, traditional silver/gray, but will use colors for specific tasks like marking my bear canister with neon yellow.