Hol-Ry! from St. Louis

Greetings from St. Louis. Curious to see how many Northern Tier veterans we have here. It's a trip of a lifetime. About me...hmm, I'm not one to talk about myself much. Basically I'm a Committee Chairman type. Four years at a Pack, three years and counting at a Troop. Lover of the outdoors. Always happy to help if I can. Nice to meet you all.

Welcome! Maybe you can help me out with my current problem. Cubmaster resigned and didn't get us registered for the Beaumont lottery so we are in a pickle for a fall campout that is close by. Babler is full, Castlewood wont accept overnight groups anymore and I am not familiar enough with the area parks to know what will work. I figure we need space for 20 tents. We are in the southwest part of the county. Pere Marquette has a youth group area and great trails but is over an hour drive. The October schedule is so full of activities we are hoping for late September. Last year we did 1st week of November and earned the freeze out patch, but a lot of parents complained. Planning is not one of our packs skill sets.

We're out in St. Charles County. There are at least two excellent parks here for campouts. I'd try for the special group camp area at Indian Camp Creek Park. It's up Hwy 61 close to Troy. Popular, so it could be busy. Another County Park is Klondike. It's between Defiance and Augusta on Hwy 94. Lastly, you could try Cuivre River State Park up at Troy. We been to all three, more than once, and liked every one.

We're out in St. Charles County. There are at least two excellent parks here for campouts. I'd try for the special group camp area at Indian Camp Creek Park. It's up Hwy 61 close to Troy. Popular, so it could be busy. Another County Park is Klondike. It's between Defiance and Augusta on Hwy 94. Lastly, you could try Cuivre River State Park up at Troy. We been to all three, more than once, and liked every one.
I will check those out. The troop was at Klondike in May and did a ride on the Katy Trail. Nice Park and good shower facilities. Though the skeeters were obnoxious. :) It was funny because a pack (maybe yours) shared our area. They showed up at 6 pm set up, went to bed at 10 and were gone by the time we crawled out of our tents Sunday morning. 13 hour campout. :)