Well, I've been lurking here a few days now. Just thought I'd introduce myself. I grew up active in Scouting. I was a Girl Scout and earned my Silver Award. I was also active in both, a Law Enforcement and High Adventure Explorer Post in my Youth. My older brother was an Eagle Scout.

I am now the mom of a precocious young Wolf Cub (and Wolf Den Leader - rising up from Tiger Cubs albeit against my will). Though to be honest, I'm a little divided on whether I want to switch packs as I'm not a big fan of current management but I do think they are trying to improve and I love my boys who will be in the Wolf Den. I think I'm pretty ready for the coming Scout year and am hopeful that the Pack will be able to turn itself around. To be honest, I may be a little too excited about the coming year.

My biggest gripe is the Old Cubmaster (now ACM). His kid crossed over and he didn't. His wife doesn't want him doing anything with Cubs. He rarely shows up to any meetings. Griped cause I went to another council's University of Scouting to get training cause our council had theirs scheduled like a week after round up. I am glad he is not officially CM now, but he wants to handle all the paperwork (which I'm sure is helpful), but I worry if similar problems will happen like last year (lost applications among other things). I didn't want to move up to Wolf, but he used the excuse my son has special needs (He has High Functioning Autism (not disabling per say, but makes him a little quirky) and ADHD). We don't know for sure who is leading Tigers (I had figured out Tigers and was excited to start a den from scratch so to speak). CM makes plans for campouts that work with NO ONE's schedules (even the property owners). Even after they finally accepted me as a DL, it felt like the intentionally kept me in the dark on leaders meetings (or perhaps the problem was there were no leaders meetings).

The New CM (was the old ACM) and Committee Chair are a married couple, not sure I totally like that, but as long as they are willing to delegate responsibility and work with other parents and leadership; I think we can have a good pack. I just worry about burnout cause Committee Chair is also a Girl Scout Leader and a homeschool mom. A good committee can help the Pack GO and provide opportunities for the boys in the dens to learn and grow.

I know most of Cub Scouting happens in the Dens and my family will help make the Den a success (though I plan to put out that either 2 parents will volunteer for ADL, or there will be an expected parent rotation to support during Den Meetings).