Hello all, checking in from Dan Beard Council, OH

Hello Scouters-

My name is Kevin. I am a Cubmaster of the local pack & have been involved in the program since I was young cub scout minus some time in the US Navy. I am the proud father of a cub scout (and his little sister!) an Eagle Scout (class of '98) and served as a Surface Warfare Officer in the US Navy '03 - '09. The values & leadership the scouting program instilled in me have been a priceless guide in my life & it is time to pay it forward through the BSA as a scouter. What better way to pay back the dedicated leaders I had as a young man and be a positive force on hundreds of boys who will grow up to be the future of our nation?

As you can likely tell by my username, I am a firearms enthusiast and recently completed my NRA Basic Pistol Instructor course through the council training. I am active in OH gun rights advocacy, Buckeye Firearms Association (I serve as a moderator on their board), but I admit I have been limited in this pursuit lately moving up from assistant cub master to cub master in February.

The cubmaster job is eating up all my hobby time; but I would not have it any other way...what a great way to live the scout oath and law!

Looking forward to joining the conversation here.

Kevin

Welcome Kevin! As a fairly new member myself, I'm still adjusting here (and to Cub Scouting in general as my son just joined last year.) This forums is a wonderful resource with all the various information and posts here. Hope to see you around and I must say as well thank you for your service!