New as pack committee chair

I recently became pack committee chair for my son's pack. We have an active group of parents/leaders who are very dedicated but there are a few things that could run smoother. I'm here to get tips and ideas from others with more experience.

So far, the meetings are productive. Most leaders attend, we discuss ideas, come up with plans and people volunteer to get things done. The main issue is that we have had virtually no communication about finances from the outgoing treasurer for about 2 months...that situation is finally resolved though. I posted elsewhere in the forum that we have some "late-paying" parents (issue I inherited) as far as dues go...new treasurer and I get the job of pressing them to pay, if they can pay. Their scouts have already been rechartered for the year.

One of my biases is that when someone is tired of doing a Scout leadership job, they should be and deserve to be replaced promptly.

Our pack treasurer notified us that she wanted to be relieved in December. We found a parent willing to take over, but she didn't act to do so and the family wound up leaving the pack.

So we were back to square one. I told the Committee Chair I would do the job if she wished. After some delays, I was told to go ahead. One thing or another and I still haven't taken over, although recent delays are due to the current Treasurer.

May 12th is the newly scheduled date for that change.

One of my concerns was that our "new" treasurer would lose interest as we were (patiently) waiting for the person stepping out of the office to wrap things up and turn it over...that took WAY longer than it should have. Fortunately, she's still enthusiastic.