Our cub packs CC son has advance on to boyscouts, but he is still keeping the position. Currently their are only 3 positions filled & one is by his wife, so there is no voting him out. I have several parents of current scouts willing to volunteer, but not with him as CC because he is confrontational. When I tried to speak with him about them volunteering he has an excuse as to why they weren't a good fit for whatever roles are open. Can someone who no longer has a son in cubscouts still hold the CC position when a current parent is willing to fill it?

No reason someone shouldn't serve as CC with no child in the program/unit. Our Troop CC has been a wonderful CC since his boy aged out umpteen years ago. We just feted him at a CoH with a plaque and dinner certificate. I calculated 23 years of service.

Now if the CO and COR sense a lack of satisfaction with the current CC and there is/are worthy replacements , perhaps a similar celebration of his years of service would help ease the transition. A coffee sitdown with someone he respects (if such could be found) would seem to be in order. The CC should be a "uniter" not a "divider".

So what group is the Chartered Organization and who is the Chartered Organization Rep?

If you don;t know, you can call you District Executive and ask.

The Committee Chair and COR can be the same person ----probably is in the situation you describe.

In that case, a talk with the leader of the Chartered Organization abiout the issues you mention would be appropriate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, .IIAtB: Still with us? How are things going?

""Currently their are only 3 positions filled & one is by his wife, so there is no voting him out""

"The work is done by whoever shows up".... The Pack Committee is formed by ANY interested parents. If no one else shows an interest, of course things are going to be run by "whoever shows up". Have everyone been "Trained"? The Committee Member training online is easy: http://www.scouting.org/Training/adult.aspx (about halfway down the page). Gives anyone a step up to "Help the Cub Pack Go".

I always thought the folks that wrote the Cub Scout Law of the Pack left that line off, somehow. The typesetter sneezed or something...

"The Cub Scout follows Akela, the Cub Scout helps the Pack Go, the Pack helps the Cub Scout Grow, the Parents help the Pack Go Too, the Cub Scout gives Good Will".

But they never told me what to give to Good ol' Will?