Can same sex leaders tent together? not married to each other. just leaders sharing a tent.

I did not see anything to specify this information. Boys would be in there own separate tent.

As T2Eagle said, if they can stand each other's snoring.... Most adults in our troop like to sleep alone, although we occasionally have some who tent with their sons or with another adult leader. Our troop has a policy that you can tent alone if you're an adult or at least Star Scout rank. Most of our older Scouts choose to tent alone, and most have backpacking style tents to do this.

I think part of the confusion here is that the term "same sex" has (at least potential) connnotations that the original poster did not intend. Your question, phrased differently, seems to be: Can adult leaders of the same gender share a tent? For example, can a male Scoutmaster and a male Assistant Scoutmaster share a tent? And the answer is, sure, although T2Eagle's answer is probably more accurate.

And, given current BSA policies regarding adult leaders, there probably was no need to bring up the "married" part. Statistically speaking, the two hypothetical male leaders probably ARE married. They are each married to a different woman. :) (Note, I said "probably", i.e. not in all cases.)

... probably ... each married to a different woman. :) (Note' date=' I said "probably", i.e. not in all cases.)[/quote']

Yeah, we get it, one could be married to several different women. Poor sod.

jencon143 ... No offense' date=' but this just seems baiting another long debate on BSA's policies.[/quote'] I think we can give a new forum member the benefit of the doubt. And of course, if a forum member, new or old, DOES want to start yet another discussion of membership policies - whether pro or con - they are always welcome to do so, and this is the right place to do it. And they can do so directly - no baiting or subterfuge is necessary.

The OP is sparse on background, so it does bring up the question of motive. Lacking details, I'm willing to go with these being hypotheticals a/he has been mulling around. Maybe someone in the unit brought them off or said something had to be a certain way. 'm always of the ilk that if a governing body hasn't specified, I have latitude. BSA intends to ban homosexual leaders, so quarters for same-sex couples or triads or whatever is gaining equal status these days is a non-issue if I'm complying with the membership standard. If I'm not, then why am I worrying about tenting arrangements?