Local AHG Unit no more

We have had a well functioning AHG here for about two years, and they just lost their charter because the central organization did not like the sponsoring church's beliefs and welcoming attitude. So, obviously, they are sticking to their guns. But that will surely make it never get very big. Fits a need for some, but not the powerhouse group some hoped it might become. The local unit is now rechartering as a GS unit.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really. We just will not be happy until every last one of us gay.

No 'Skip, you are not alone.   The craziest politicians are the ones who dare promote balanced views and actually make their policies and priorities known to the public. They are up for drubbing f

Hmmm, how many different flavors of Judaism are there. Same for Muslims...well for all religions out there if one thinks about it a bit. We've had different flavors of Scouting all over the world, too. We have "Regular" Scouting, LDS Scouting, Venturing vs. Venture. Exploring vs. Venturing. BSA and GSUSA, then there's AHG, and TrailLife, Pioneering, and the list goes on and on and on..... It's always been a constant source of amusement to find people surprised by this....

No matter where you look, there's always someone out there that's got all the right answers. Never the same answers, but always the right answers. :)

Stosh

...AHG?...

"American Heritage Girls" they had a Memorandum of Understanding with BSA until last year's membership standards change. Then they weren't so understanding and withdrew their MoU. Folks on the ground generally ignored these national machinations, evidently AHG's "national" is not going to let that happen.

AHG?

The Christians have been thru this before.... Byzentine vs roman, lutheran vs catholic, church of england vs catholic. smae thing different day

Oh joy! Another chance to repeat that quote, "The purpose of religion isn't to bring people together." So true, so true.

Is there such a thing as a 'gay cootie'? Seems like cooties shouldn't be able to detect a difference. Or maybe 'spiritually contaminated' is the better term. They must know that there isn't a place on this planet, including their own organization, that isn't 'contaminated'.

I never did read much about what that MoU entailed. My recollection is it essentially allowed AHG to use BSA facilities. After the "The Decision" I suppose those facilities are contaminated.

That may have been what the agreement said, but I think what it really allowed them to do (and what they were really after) was to imply that they had some connection to the BSA. I remember at some point someone here posted a link to an interview with a leader of the AHG about some activity they were doing or some other organization they had an agreement. This talked about whatever she was asked about for about 5 seconds and then started talking about their agreement with the BSA and how great it was, which she had not been asked about at all. I got the impression this was her standard speech. They were definitely trying to hitch their wagon to the BSA, until the BSA decided that openly gay kids don't need to be thrown out until their 18th birthday, which apparently offended their religious beliefs.

Keep in mind that today's liberals really don't care a fig about "diversity" either. They want their values rto rule just like the groups they oppose, and are delighted with the opportunity tocoerce others into following their values or read other groups out of polite society when they get the chance to do so.

It's the pot calling the kettle black,

By and large, people LIKE their differences.

KDD, you've been listening to too much Joy Division and Cure...;)

I guess I don't totally understand the OP, skeptic. Are you saying that the AHG Troop lost its charter and is now rechartering itself as a GS Troop? Why not seek another chartering org for that would welcome an AHG Troop?