Perhaps an opening Citizenship MB discussion question

Perhaps an opening Citizenship MB discussion question  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Your are an elected representative with an upcoming budget session which is the same time that your son is going off on a "scout hike". Seems obvious, but

• I hike Philmont with my son and his patrol.
    • The above plus I schedule a debate with my Democrat opponent at the top of Mt. Baldy
    • All of the above and I return with high adventure stories to tell my constituents.
    • All the above and whup my Democrat opponent in the fall election.
    • I hike Philmont with my son and leave politics
    • attend meeting and miss out on the adventure.
    • attend meeting, come to my senses and leave politics

Meant this to be entertaining as it reminded me of former SOUTH Carolina* Governor Mark Sanford ( Republican and Eagle Scout) who told everyone he was hiking the AT but instead flew to ARGENTINA, so here we actually have a politician who will hike and is honest about it.

Added some pack's voting options.

Oh I set up poll to allow multiple voting but no voter id. We run a fair fake poll down here in Scouterville :)

As much as I hate to admit it, South Carolina has blesed the USA with more than its share of stupid politicians. Just a quick geographic note however: Buenos Aires is in Argentina, not Brazil. And we're not through with this numbskull yet He was elected as a US Representative, soundly defeating Stephen Colbert's sister. Character is not something we care much about in our politicians.

As for the trail, thanks to that jerk, I cringe every time I tell my wife I'm going backpacking. The term 'backpacking' has taken on new meaning and I'm still uncomfortable with it.

As for the trail, thanks to that jerk, I cringe every time I tell my wife I'm going backpacking. The term 'backpacking' has taken on new meaning and I'm still uncomfortable with it.

This is why we use the buddy system in Scouting so one does not get lost and wind up in Argentina, Brazil, or Vegas. :)

I got tired of Politics

After my Wood Badge course, I committed myself to refrain from Political Talk Radio, forums and TV. I realized there is NOTHING I can do about the way our country is ran other than voting.

Explain to son that I made a committment to the voters of my district to work on their behalf and that I take that committment seriously and tell my son that he'll get much more out of the trip if I'm not there to bug the heck out of him, then sit back and let my son tell all about HIS adventures on the Philmont trails rather than telling everyone about my adventures on the Philmont trails - then schedule a 2 week long backpacking trip in the Smokies with my sons for August when the legislature is not in session.

• Upvote 2
I got tired of Politics After my Wood Badge course' date=' I committed myself to refrain from Political Talk Radio, forums and TV. I realized there is NOTHING I can do about the way our country is ran other than voting. [/quote'] If you have enough money like the Koch Bros you can. I would also like to see another option added to the poll. "Bring your new Soulmate along on the trip so your son can get some quality bonding time with new step-mom."