X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps an opening Citizenship MB discussion question

Your are an elected representative with an upcoming budget session which is the same time that your son is going off on a "scout hike". Seems obvious, but here's a poll.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/e...sion/10857185/
    I hike Philmont with my son and his patrol.
    31.25%
    The above plus I schedule a debate with my Democrat opponent at the top of Mt. Baldy
    12.50%
    All of the above and I return with high adventure stories to tell my constituents.
    12.50%
    All the above and whup my Democrat opponent in the fall election.
    18.75%
    I hike Philmont with my son and leave politics
    6.25%
    attend meeting and miss out on the adventure.
    0.00%
    attend meeting, come to my senses and leave politics
    18.75%

O Produce a list which claims to list the names of my Democratic opponent's communist masters in the CPUSA.

O Demand to know why my opponent hates America.

Comment

Another option: I come to my senses and get out of politics.

Comment

Meant this to be entertaining as it reminded me of former SOUTH Carolina* Governor Mark Sanford ( Republican and Eagle Scout) who told everyone he was hiking the AT but instead flew to ARGENTINA, so here we actually have a politician who will hike and is honest about it.

Added some pack's voting options.

Oh I set up poll to allow multiple voting but no voter id. We run a fair fake poll down here in Scouterville
        Last edited by RememberSchiff; 06-21-2014, 06:50 PM. Reason: Double goof for me, SOUTH Carolina not North and Argentina not Brazil, thanks for corrections 2CD, pack

Comment

That moron was from SOUTH Carolina. He's Packsaddle's problem, not ours.

Comment

The AT doesn't continue thru the ANDES?

Comment

As much as I hate to admit it, South Carolina has blesed the USA with more than its share of stupid politicians. Just a quick geographic note however: Buenos Aires is in Argentina, not Brazil. And we're not through with this numbskull yet He was elected as a US Representative, soundly defeating Stephen Colbert's sister. Character is not something we care much about in our politicians.

As for the trail, thanks to that jerk, I cringe every time I tell my wife I'm going backpacking. The term 'backpacking' has taken on new meaning and I'm still uncomfortable with it.

Comment

Originally posted by packsaddle View Post
                As for the trail, thanks to that jerk, I cringe every time I tell my wife I'm going backpacking. The term 'backpacking' has taken on new meaning and I'm still uncomfortable with it.
                This is why we use the buddy system in Scouting so one does not get lost and wind up in Argentina, Brazil, or Vegas.

Comment

The article notes that the trip was planned a year ago but doesn't note that NC typically has a short session in even-numbered years at this exact time of the year. So Rep. Moffitt knew in advance that there would be a conflict.

Comment

There is always a conflict.

Comment

The short session seems to be maybe 5-6 weeks long. Surely one can schedule hiking trips around that.

Comment

I got tired of Politics

After my Wood Badge course, I committed myself to refrain from Political Talk Radio, forums and TV. I realized there is NOTHING I can do about the way our country is ran other than voting.

Comment

Explain to son that I made a committment to the voters of my district to work on their behalf and that I take that committment seriously and tell my son that he'll get much more out of the trip if I'm not there to bug the heck out of him, then sit back and let my son tell all about HIS adventures on the Philmont trails rather than telling everyone about my adventures on the Philmont trails - then schedule a 2 week long backpacking trip in the Smokies with my sons for August when the legislature is not in session.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonG172 View Post
                            I got tired of Politics After my Wood Badge course, I committed myself to refrain from Political Talk Radio, forums and TV. I realized there is NOTHING I can do about the way our country is ran other than voting.
                            If you have enough money like the Koch Bros you can. I would also like to see another option added to the poll. "Bring your new Soulmate along on the trip so your son can get some quality bonding time with new step-mom."

Comment

Sorry KDD, gotta call you out on that one. Check out the top contributors at the link. You'll find plenty of big money, none of it named Koch, and most of it headed left. Lots of good info here.

Comment

Working...
                              X