Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Park Service To Explore an LGBT Theme

http://home.nps.gov/news/release.htm?id=1594

And...GO!

Well they could start with showcasing all the same sex couplings found in the animal kingdom. Place plaques on trails with all the details. Could be a great Eagle Project.

Comment

So for Citizenship in the Nation, you could go to Stonewall and learn about what led to the riots.

Comment

Horizon, apparently you already could. Wikipedia just informed me that the Stonewall Inn and environs has been on the National Register of Historic Places since 1999 and a National Historic Landmark since 2000. So it satisfies Requirement 2a for Cit in the Nation.

Comment

And there's Alcatraz, which is part of the National Park Service...

Comment

Liberace's house!

Quentin Crisp's apartment.
            Last edited by Scouter99; 05-31-2014, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Hey Alcatraz is cool...great views too. How about Attica?

Comment

Originally posted by King Ding Dong View Post
                Well they could start with showcasing all the same sex couplings found in the animal kingdom. Place plaques on trails with all the details. Could be a great Eagle Project.
                That would be a pretty inexpensive project...how much do invisible plaques cost?

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_...hiptail_lizard
                  Plus, they're even fertile.

Lots of other examples, but most don't produce offspring.

Comment

Truly, there is much our species can learn from the Whiptail Lizard.

At least we don't have to keep them from penguins of the opposite sex like that unfortunate pair of bachelors in the Central Park Zoo.

Comment

The Central Park penguins are mentioned here as are other examples: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...gayanimal.html

Comment

Just in time for pederast and stalwart Jim Jones ally Harvey Milk to get his own postage stamp.

Comment

Perhaps they could nationalize the Liberace Museum in Las Vegas.

Comment

I don't usually make requests like this - in fact, in 12 years in this forum I am not sure I have ever made a request like this - but can we move onto a different subject and let this thread begin its final descent down the list without further delay? Some of the comments are bordering on inappropriate, though not enough to hit the Big Red Moderator's Button. At least not so far, at least not for me. But, enough, okay?

Comment

NJ, I suspect it has progressed exactly the way LeCastor envisioned.

Comment

Working...
                              X