Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

This should have been dealt with at the same time as youth membership.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would be interesting to find out if this a real troop or the families are in this for the set up as well. This will not be the last incident of this type and I suspect this will become fairly frequent. This one appears to be very sloppy but others won't be and some will likely be very genuine. I don't see a bright future for the BSA at this point.

Comment

• So.....the United Methodist Church is now suspected of being part of the vast gay conspiracy....h'mmmm....interesting. I can hardly wait to break the news to our COR.

Comment

• Originally posted by packsaddle View Post
        So.....the United Methodist Church is now suspected of being part of the vast gay conspiracy....h'mmmm....interesting. I can hardly wait to break the news to our COR.
        I think one can criticize the actions of a particular UMC church without criticizing the denomination as a whole.

Comment

• >>I did not delete any posts. I noticed a post I replied to of Eagledads disappeared and I didn't quote it. This lead to some confusion.<<

Just to add to the mystery, I was showing a "1" in the Message tab after I made that post. But when I went to the Message page, there were no messages, so I couldn't remove the "1". That "1" stayed there until yesterday when your reply disappeared. Barry

Comment

• The national leaders of UMC showed willingness toward gay leaders in the 80s, which open the door for gay and liberal activist to open UMC churches with clergies who professed the acceptance of homosexual relationships and gay clergies. You may remember on national news in the 90s several of these Methodist activists who tried to marry gay couples.

Even though the national leadership promotes of the idea of marrying gay couples, there was still a restriction against it. National leadership and the liberal side of the UMC have been trying to change those policies at the Methodist General Convention since the 90s, but have been voted down. There are still a few clergy activist who are using the church, congregation and program to advance their agenda.

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds because the Methodist membership has been dropping pretty rapidly with much of the credit given to National embracing liberal causes. By the way, the UMC is the second largest organization to support the BSA, but the National Leaders are not included as their supporters. Luckily for the scouts they don’t have a say. The Boy Scout program was founded and is still supported by the Methodist Men’s Foundation.

Barry

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagledad View Post
              >>I did not delete any posts. I noticed a post I replied to of Eagledads disappeared and I didn't quote it. This lead to some confusion.<<

Just to add to the mystery, I was showing a "1" in the Message tab after I made that post. But when I went to the Message page, there were no messages, so I couldn't remove the "1". That "1" stayed there until yesterday when your reply disappeared. Barry

You know, I would have expected the NSA to cover their tracks better than this, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by packsaddle View Post
                So.....the United Methodist Church is now suspected of being part of the vast gay conspiracy....h'mmmm....interesting. I can hardly wait to break the news to our COR.
                No, just the Rainier Beach UMC.

Comment

• Folks, sorry to interrupt....Eagledad, I sent you a PM. Did you get it? It was a test to see if the system is finally working.

Comment

• Folks, sorry to interrupt....Eagledad, I sent you a PM. Did you get it? It was a test to see if the system is finally working. Yes, I replied back.

Comment

• Well, since we just sent this topic off the rails, looks like boomerscout and I just posted under a blank topic, that, when opened, reads "Private Message" Our posts are blank. I was trying to reply to admin, who was testing messages. But it looks like something else happened. Not sure about boomer, but it looks like our ghosts are in the machine!

Comment

• Originally posted by qwazse View Post
                        Well, since we just sent this topic off the rails, looks like boomerscout and I just posted under a blank topic, that, when opened, reads "Private Message" Our posts are blank. I was trying to reply to admin, who was testing messages. But it looks like something else happened. Not sure about boomer, but it looks like our ghosts are in the machine!
                        Simple Machines offers free open source software such as SMF, the powerful and easy to use community forum written in PHP. Start interesting discussions on your website!

Comment

• We knew this response was coming but doing it on Easter seems discourteous to me.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...led-gay-n85391

"The Boy Scouts of America said Sunday that it was contacting leaders and parents of the children in Troop 98 and its affiliated Cub Scout pack to tell them that Rainier Beach United Methodist Church is no longer authorized to be a charter partner.

“Because the church no longer agrees to the terms of the BSA chartered organization agreement, which includes following BSA policies, it is no longer authorized to offer the Scouting program,” Deron Smith, a Boy Scouts spokesman, told NBC News in an email. He added that the organization was “saddened by this development.”

The BSA’s top leader in Seattle has told parents that a local community center has offered to take over the pack and troop.
                          Rev. Monica Corsaro of the church outside Seattle said the move was expected, but she said that her congregation’s anti-discrimination beliefs were not being respected.
                          She also called it a “unilateral decision” by the BSA and said that the church was not consulted. (The BSA said it called Corsaro; she said she could not talk last week during the busy Christian Holy Week holidays.) "

Comment

• Can someone look up how much we pay this PR Wizard ?

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/boy-scouts-shu...171244503.html

However, the Rev. Monica Corsaro, minister of the Seattle troop's host church, told Yahoo News on Monday that the 15 Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts will meet this week as though nothing had changed. But will they wear their uniforms?
                              "Those boys paid for those uniforms," Corsaro said. "It will not be me telling them to not wear their uniforms."

Good for them!

Nice to see a bunch of boys teach a bunch of old rednecks a lesson.
                              Last edited by Engineer61; 04-21-2014, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• It's not like this was an established troop with an established leader. They did all of this just to test the waters to try to break down the policy against adults. If you don't like the organization's rules, don't join. Period.

Comment

Working...
                                X