Lockheed-Martin cuts ties to Boy Scouts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Again this has zero effect on 99% of the scouts in the nation.   I have yet to see any impact on my program based on issues from these large donors cutting off the funds.     So we get rid of a

That's it. I will no longer be buying Lockheed Martin planes.

Not all Yankee's are this stoopid, just the ones living in the cities . Merry Christmas JoeBob. That made my night!

Again this has zero effect on 99% of the scouts in the nation.

I have yet to see any impact on my program based on issues from these large donors cutting off the funds.

So we get rid of a few more DE's or admin support in the office. Explain exactly what they do for me??????

I enter my own charter info,

I enter my own advancement info

I give my charter money to the District membership chair, a volunteer.

I make my reservations by calling the camp directly

I never received the books or shirts for the boys in need as promised.

I never received the boy talks or flyers for my packs recruitment.

Not exactly sure what that big building full of people do.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Initial comments shown are not particularly supportive of Lockheed. Suspect they may get more backlash than they expect, especially being where they are. Good thing we have you here Merlyn to make sure that you rub these irrational decisions in the faces of those with whom you disagree. Too bad that building what they do, there is little room for any seriously effective public backlash.

I like this comment someone posted to the news article: "Perhaps Lockheed should stop selling their planes to Israel, Turkey, Jordan, Saudi, Oman, Indonesia, Singapore, UAE, etc. because of there religious bias. Let's at least be consistent."

I like this comment someone posted to the news article: "Perhaps Lockheed should stop selling their planes to Israel, Turkey, Jordan, Saudi, Oman, Indonesia, Singapore, UAE, etc. because of there religious bias. Let's at least be consistent."

Seems a valid point.

I think this dims the chances that the BSA will buy any $500 toilet seats from them...not even for the Summit.

Lockheed doesn't think it will affect the company much???? I work for Lockheed and now will no longer log my Scout volunteer hours, so they can "get credit" for community volunteer work....
LOL, that's going to take a major hit on Lockheed, with just about as much effect as what Lockheed is doing to BSA.

I'm with Scouter99 - never going to buy a Lockheed aircraft ever again and I'm taking them out of my will. So there, Scrooge!

Merry Christmas!

Stosh

Lockheed doesn't think it will affect the company much???? I work for Lockheed and now will no longer log my Scout volunteer hours, so they can "get credit" for community volunteer work....
Except this is the sort of grass-roots pressure which caused companies like L-M to drop Scouting in the first place. Well that and overwhelming media bias (anyone else paying attention to the Duck Dynasty flap?)

Perhaps a better approach would be for us to contact our Representatives and Senators and asking why our tax money is going to companies like this. It's all about money and power.

I don't understand anyone's surprise or Merlyn LeRoy's sadistic enjoyment for bringing this to our attention. Publicly traded companies have policies that reflect the law. Their donations need to reflect those policies too. If anything, I'm surprised the donations continued as long as they have continued.

This should be no surprise and Merlyn should take no enjoyment from it. Scouting is a good program that helps kids. Today's political battle between adults damages those the program and the kids we serve.

Everyone should be sad all around.

• Upvote 1