Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

​I say ......... Merry Christmas; by Joseph S. Bonsall (from 2003)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Christmas dinner we had the traditional (for our family) leg of lamb with focaccia, two vegetable dishes, green salad and price pilaff. Pumpkin pie and lots of other baked goods for desert. Yummy!

Comment

Rick that sounds good, although I enjoyed my Duck

Comment

Every Dec 24th I'm at Home Depot before it closes... Always do a home improvement project with a full clear day and no obligations. Cashier was shocked at my materials that I was having for Christmas Eve. I told her that I was Jewish, so it worked out. She got embarrassed, nervous, and I just smiled at her and said, "Have a Merry Christmas." She beamed like it made her day. This Jew hoped y'all had a merry Christmas. We enjoy the display of lights and cheer, though we avoid the malls for a month - mall holiday season makes me fear I'll hurt someone... But I am quite comfortable in my religion. I'm Jewish and a practicing Jew, not Jewish in the I'm not Christian style. I have lots of holidays, I see not reason to begrudge my holiday-challenged gentile friends theirs. A few of my Jewish friends and I were very inspired this Christmas. The families that go all out are truly inspiring. As Jews we have lots of rules and few avenues of raw expression. I told someone I was to approach Passover cleaning with the joy and excitement of the families with a 1000k light display. They thought I was nuts...

Comment

• packsaddle
          packsaddle commented
          Editing a comment
          You just reminded me that my kids used to enjoy their role as shabbat goy while visiting in NY for Christmas. It was a great opportunity to learn about a culture in a way that would be almost impossible by any other means.
          Last edited by packsaddle; 12-29-2013, 10:17 AM.
      Working...
      X