Inaccurate or misleading statements in relation to actual facts have impact on youth.

One of my 14 year old scouts last night sat down at my desk and pulled a magnet with the Bill of Rights on it off the filing cabinet. When asked what he was doing, since the others were supposedly working on improving their lashing skills, he said he wanted to see what parts the president had changed. Did not really know what to say, as I know his parents are pretty right leaning, and so suggested nothing was changed, but interpretations can be confusing. He did not pursue it further, but it really made me think about how misleading blind political commentary can be. Trouble is, that while he is 14 and actually thought to at least look at the real language, too many of the zealots and ill educated masses who are adults, on both sides, do not.

It's not just the youth; a lot of the adults have been mislead as well. The Sad part is that most adults don't care to check the facts. I have met people who send their kids to private school because they don't like the way the public schools are run. One of the biggest grips about public schools is that the kids aren't allowed to recite the Pledge of Allegiance in the morning. That statement is completely false. Kids in public schools are required to stand quietly while the pledge is recited every morning; they are free to join in if they wish and most do. Just because a kid is not required to recite the Pledge of Allegiance doesn't mean they are prohibited from reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. I've even invited the jerk to come to any public school in the district with me to watch; yet they won't come.

The Bill of Rights hasn't been changed, but some in the current Administration seem to think they are empowered to ignore it.
I would suggest that no body there should be throwing rocks, as they all live in glass houses with paper thin walls. Like the woman on Las Vegas TV said the first morning of this nonsense; they ALL are like a bunch of spoiled kids in the sandbox, and they are throwing sand in our faces.
The Bill of Rights hasn't been changed, but some in the current Administration seem to think they are empowered to ignore it.
Ding Dong: What examples of the Right abusing the Bill of Rights can you share?
I think the erosion or infringement on our rights started 9/11 and under what administration????????

The current stupidity is both parties fault.......But the democrats aren't going to put the Affordable care act on the table to pass a budget.

It's not just the youth; a lot of the adults have been mislead as well. The Sad part is that most adults don't care to check the facts. I have met people who send their kids to private school because they don't like the way the public schools are run. One of the biggest grips about public schools is that the kids aren't allowed to recite the Pledge of Allegiance in the morning. That statement is completely false. Kids in public schools are required to stand quietly while the pledge is recited every morning; they are free to join in if they wish and most do. Just because a kid is not required to recite the Pledge of Allegiance doesn't mean they are prohibited from reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. I've even invited the jerk to come to any public school in the district with me to watch; yet they won't come.
They can't be required to stand for the pledge either; see Holloman v. Harland.
The Right also hinders freedom of speech by passing laws forcing Teachers and Doctors to tell their pupils and patients right wing nonsense that Scientists will agree are totally false..

Also they hinder freedom of Religion with this Sharia Law nonsense or trying to enact an official religion of the state.

I will never a bear scout telling me that you had to buy your way into heaven....That is what his minister said.

Also same bear scout was telling our muslim scout he was going to hell because he didn't believe in God.

Depending on your religion beliefs those are all accurate statements. No real way to disprove them unfortunately.
And shall we add in the voting right restrictions so popular in Red states and the continued attempts to limit the rights of women in regard to birth issues?