First policy change related to the vote

The Guide to Advancement 2013 was released yesterday, and it contains the first policy change related to the vote.

4.0.0.1 Changes to Requirements

....If BSA membership eligibility rules change, and as a result a former member rejoins a BSA program, still as a youth member, then that youth may carry on in the advancement program, picking up where he left off when last he was a member, but not receiving credit for activities while not registered.

Basically if a youth was kicked out for violation of the membership standards, and now is allowed back in because of the vote, he can pick up where he left off in regard to advancement.

The ones that were kicked out were older Scouts for the most part. So, they can come back January 2014 if they are still under 18 at that point and want to bother.

More of interest to me would be will BSA award Eagle to Scouts that had everything done before they were 18 (except successful EBoR because they are gay) and are too old to come back. I'm guessing no.

My question is why so many seem to think there is even a significant number of these individuals about whom you are having such grave concerns. Once again, making waves before there is even a storm. Why not simply wait and see; then deal with things as best we can? Why is it necessary to beat your chest and project indignation or fear before you even know how it will fall out? Half the problem is just that. Too many people feel they need to get involved with other peoples' problems or issues, often without knowing the complete story or having had the situation have time to work itself out with those actually involved.

My question is why so many seem to think there is even a significant number of these individuals about whom you are having such grave concerns. Once again, making waves before there is even a storm. Why not simply wait and see; then deal with things as best we can? Why is it necessary to beat your chest and project indignation or fear before you even know how it will fall out? Half the problem is just that. Too many people feel they need to get involved with other peoples' problems or issues, often without knowing the complete story or having had the situation have time to work itself out with those actually involved.
I don't see anyone in this thread who seems upset, with the possible exception of you, skeptic
The ones that were kicked out were older Scouts for the most part. So, they can come back January 2014 if they are still under 18 at that point and want to bother.

More of interest to me would be will BSA award Eagle to Scouts that had everything done before they were 18 (except successful EBoR because they are gay) and are too old to come back. I'm guessing no.

Your guess is correct. Here is the entire passage:

If BSA membership eligibility rules change, and as a result a former member rejoins a BSA program, still as a youth member, then that youth may carry on in the advancement program, picking up where he left off when last he was a member, but not receiving credit for activities while not registered. A former member who is no longer eligible to participate in a BSA program as a youth member due to age, for example, can neither receive credit for completing advancement requirements nor be awarded any advancement-oriented recognition such as ranks or merit badges, etc., that under the rules in effect at the time of his youth membership he was ineligible to earn.