Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is how I paraphrase the new membership policy: "Just because a boy has a sexual orientation or preference does not mean he can't be a Scout." The inference is that what he DOES is what can bar him from membership. And if you believe that when the leaders live a squeaky-clean life, the scouts will choose to also (or choose not to be invlolved in scouting...), then what's the problem? But if you believe that setting an example doesn't mean a thing, well then you have much to worry about.

Myself, I have decided to not even go near the edge of morality. I have made it clear to the parents that if someone is not doing their best to live a squeaky-clean life (no shacking up, etc.) then they do not have my support, as Cubmaster, to be in a leadership position. We on the ground have much more influence than those in Irving, Texas!

Comment

• King Ding Dong
      King Ding Dong commented
      Editing a comment
      I am not sure I understand your position completely. Yes, the leaders need to lead by example, however there will always be someone who accuses us as not being squeaky clean. Not sure a Cub Scout is ever going to know the living arrangements off their Den Leaders.

Keep your posts flowing and we can give or 2 cents worth.

The reality is most strong units with great programs can pretty much stand alone without council interference or those bozos at National who really think the membership change they construed and shoved down everyone's throats is really going to have real impact on the program or getting back corporate sponsors they have lost. Boy scouting is still IMHO the best youth program out there and the political game playing by National does absolutely NOTHING to improve, promote, or solidify scouting's reputation or credibility or program.

Comment

• st0ut717
      st0ut717 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well said!
Working...
X