Structure of 1400 voters

Does anybody know the details on the voting members? I know each Council sends voters. How are they selected? How representative are they? Large and small council get same number of votes? Or based on membership, number of charters organizations, membership? Youth or adult ? Does the structure effect the results like in the US House where more voters voted Democratic but the structure of the districts resulted in more Republican seats? Is this a open or secret vote? Most importantly will I know how my Council representatives voted? I suspect the answer is no. A shame.

From http://www.scouting.org/sitecore/content/MembershipStandards/KnowTheFacts/FAQs.aspx

The voting members of the National Council of the Boy Scouts are defined in the Boy Scouts of America's bylaws. Commissioned professionals do not vote. Members of the National Council eligible to vote include:

• Elected members of the National Executive Board and the chairman of the National Advisory Council and NESA president, and those registered youth members appointed by the president with the approval of the Executive Board (national Venturing president and national Order of the Arrow chief).
  • Members of regional boards, which consist of regional executive committees, the area presidents, youth members appointed by the regional president to serve as members of the regional committee, and those members elected annually by the region.
  • Local councils can elect National Council voting members based upon their Dec. 31, 2012, enrolled traditional youth membership (Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts, and Venturers). These voting members are elected on the basis of one voting member to the National Council for every 5,000 youth members (NOT including Learning for Life participants or Explorers) and one additional voting member for a major portion thereof (2,501 or more).
  • Local council presidents and local council commissioners are also National Council members and therefore eligible to vote.
  • Members at large, who are elected by the National Council at its National Annual Meeting to serve for one year, and persons who become members of the national Administration and Finance Standing Committee, Council Operations Committee, Development Standing Committee, Human Resources Standing Committee, Information Delivery Standing Committee, Marketing Standing Committee, Outdoor Activities Standing Committee, Regional Presidents' Committee, and Supply Committee.

There are some funds set aside for the youth member's travel. I forget how they are acquired, it's not exactly popcorn.
Old farts (often the fellas who've raised $$$ for scouting) write this stuff off on their tax returns.
There are some funds set aside for the youth member's travel. I forget how they are acquired, it's not exactly popcorn.
You know this meeting happens every year right? If there had been no vote there still would have been a meeting.