Did anyone else get hate spewing email this morning?

About the upcoming vote on homosexuals allowed to be members.. I think a wee bit late, as the time of National polling is done, and now it is just a few people voting on the issue.. But the topic was of a side-note..

I am looking at it more as how can anyone call themselves a Scout and send this hate spewing, fear mongering complete with about 10 resque pictures of the most flamboyant of the homosexuals (I don't know why one guy carring a female blowup sex doll down the street made him part of the flamboyant homosexual crowd, but.. OK.. The others were more on track with the homosexuals.. Anyway, how can you send that out to other people in your scouting group, and still be called a moral decent scouter??

I didn't recognize the name of the person, but my working at district level and having sent out training announcements through e-blasts means I wont know everyone.. It could be spam mail that just happened to connect with a real scouter.. But the email encouraged me to pass on the email to all my friends and fellow scouters, which made me fear someone in our district / council brainlessly did just that..

I forwarded it to my DE, pre-empted with a note that it was not sent to him in order to pass it to all scouters I knew, but for him to check if this guy was in our district/ council, so that he could take the correct actions against the person sending the email..

Just curious if anyone else has recieved this delightful post, and if you did anything about it.. Hopefully you did not pass it on, because I don't think you will stay a member of the BSA much longer after you did.. My feeling is the words may not have put him over the top. With that he may have only gotten his hand slapped. But he crossed the line sending out the pictures that were in the email..

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King Ding Dong -- Nada, Nada, Nada.. Except for my DE, no one else.. I don't want to be kicked out.. I thought about summarizing the words (minus the pictures), but then I would still be helping them "spread the hate and fear mongering".. So, you will just have to hope to be so lucky that someone will choose to share it with you..

I will give you a very brief overview though.. This thing is 10 pages long in MS Word, just the text alone, without the pictures.. Some stuff that we have heard here about homosexuals being the same thing as pedophiles, with some crimes of pedophiles for the scare tactic.. Linking Homosexuality (as well as planned parenthood) to the government sterilization in the 50's and some wild extra claims on the subject.. That ALL major religions are against it, and if they are not they can't inturpret their bibles correctly.. Here is a good line.. I will write it exactly as it is written "There are still many who realize the truth of the problems caused by a female Scout leader. It is sometimes an unavoidable necessity if there are no men for the role, but it should be a last resort." Some added fears that what we see on the surface is not all there is, there are secret secret nasty things that never reach the light of day, (Something along the light of if the guy in the news with the 3 women he kidnapped and tortured for 10 years is a heterosexual, well then that is how all you heterosexual males are, only turn it around to be about homosexuals). And then there are the pictures.. Lots & Lots of pictures, some with almost naked females with pasties, Men were better clothed (shucks), but some nice bulges accented in their choice of attire, then just wild rainbow outfits and weird haridos (all pictures had the benifit of captions that, had lude remarks about them.). All seem to be from some gay pride parade of some sort..

Mozart - It does have an email and name attached, so unless the person was hacked, you know who the person was.. The question then becomes are they in the district or council, and if so is that their valid email, and if so you can then question him about it, and perhaps others around him as to how loud and intolerant his comments have been in public settings.. Someone as brazen as this would not be just sending out email..

Mozart - It does have an email and name attached' date=' so unless the person was hacked, you know who the person was.. The question then becomes are they in the district or council, and if so is that their valid email, and if so you can then question him about it, and perhaps others around him as to how loud and intolerant his comments have been in public settings.. Someone as brazen as this would not be just sending out email.. [/quote']

Not the case. Bad guys don't need to hack an account to create an email that appears to come from somebody else. It's a 7 second process once a person's email is known. There are some things in place to slow it down but it's not difficult.

My son & husband send out emails that LOOK like they are coming from them, but if you look closely you can tell it is from someone else that is using their name.. I got hacked once and I sent out email, that looked like it was truely coming from me, I had to change my password and my security question, and they never went out again.. I program for the LOOK like it's comeing from someone else all the time at work, due to automating a process that spits email, or sending email through a program.. Program asks who they are, and then when they send the email the program makes it LOOK like it came from them.. But, if you look closely you can see that it did not, even without getting into all the heavy technical crap they use to track down real serious criminals..

The true telling though will be how he is vocally expressing his opinion on the issue.. Has he been in his DE's face spitting garbage similar? Have other complained about his comments? If he is stupid enough to send this out, what would happen if you walk up to him and discuss the email like it was an eye opener to you, or you agree with what he said in it? Anyone who is believing this crap is not running on all fours to begin with, and is already full of himself..

Well someone went down the list of emails at our council, or is in our council, and sent out to the Scouters on his email list.. My DE just responded.. He said he got it too.. They all did, and the council is nine to happy.. (I think he meant to say "none to happy:, not "nine to happy").. He didn't comment on if the person was a real person or not.. I will have to see if anyone else in my family got it, and I think I will ask the trainers at tomorrows training if any of them got it (not the participants)..

Like my Cub Scouts used to shout every time there was the sound of breaking glass....I didn't do it!

Just ignore it. That stuff speaks for itself and people who think it is meaningful are hopeless already.

No emails around here. I did, however go to one of our council's "town hall" meetings on the topic and was very disappointed in and saddened by my fellow Scouters.
You were expecting something different?

Nothing here, thank goodness. I could do without something like that (especially when I'm normally happy to see anything related to scouting arrive in my inbox.) As for the sender, some people get hacked, some get 'mimicked' (just for someone with an agenda to look authentic, and they can easily do so as long as they have the know how) and some people just feel that strongly about it. I was not a part of any discussions on this matter for our pack nor do I know how our council/the other packs around here feel about it. I imagine I would not share the same ideas as most in our group and may be why I wasn't included, no way to know for sure (still learning the hierarchy with all this as well.)

No emails around here. I did, however go to one of our council's "town hall" meetings on the topic and was very disappointed in and saddened by my fellow Scouters.
My town hall was disappointing as well but mostly because leaders were reluctant to express their views in public. I think they may have been reluctant to "come out" on either side of the debate for fear of alienating friends and colleagues. The in-your-face fanatics on both sides have polarized this issue, and any decision, so much that whoever loses is going to feel slighted and oppressed.

I have seen emails on both side of the debate. Some have been reasonable and some have been hateful. Par for the course.

The email sounds dreadful. But it is a perfect example of what to expect when a policy exists that treats a class of people as inferior. Basically it gives the green light to haters to spread their hateful message. Scouting doesn't need those people. If the BSA allows gays, it will flush out this kind of trash.

Just imagine what a gay scout will have to endure by gay-hating scouters if the proposed policy is approved.

The email sounds dreadful. But it is a perfect example of what to expect when a policy exists that treats a class of people as inferior. Basically it gives the green light to haters to spread their hateful message. Scouting doesn't need those people. If the BSA allows gays, it will flush out this kind of trash.

Just imagine what a gay scout will have to endure by gay-hating scouters if the proposed policy is approved.

What makes you think they don't 'endure it' already?
What makes you think they don't 'endure it' already?

I highly doubt Scouters go around spouting gay hate speech in the course of doing their duty any more than they spout racial or religious hatred. Sure, there are likely those who feel that way. But I think most Scouters, regardless of their feelings on the subject, spout hate speech or actions in front of scouts.