Current BSA Policy Vs local option poll

Current BSA Policy Vs local option poll  

141 members have voted

1. 1.

• Current Policy
    • Local Option

I am just wondering how most people on scouter would vote on the current hot topic of the day. So here goes if you could vote to decide if BSA policy would change or stay the same how would you vote? You only have two choice for the current policy or for the local option.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a little supprise by the result so far out of 20 votes 15 for the local option. I was thinking it would be closer to 50/50. I guess it is still early.

It is an internet poll on a discussion list. Tons of ways this could be manipulated either way. Just takes someone with some time on their hands. Now, if there was a way to lock down by IP address so that only one vote per IP address you might have a different story. But who knows.

I am a little supprise by the result so far out of 20 votes 15 for the local option. I was thinking it would be closer to 50/50. I guess it is still early.

It is an internet poll on a discussion list. Tons of ways this could be manipulated either way. Just takes someone with some time on their hands. Now, if there was a way to lock down by IP address so that only one vote per IP address you might have a different story. But who knows.

Love the avatar!
I have to add' date=' that although I support the Local Policy. I worry that Local Units will go too far and start making up their own rules. I've seen this in action already, and it becomes a watered down BSA.[/quote']

In what ways, ScoutBox?

Just to check how the poll works it appears that it will let each user name vote once. I tried to vote second time to see and it gave me an error saying please select an option first. I tried about three time so as far as I can tell you can only vote once per user name. I guess you could create mutiple accounts but why would you?