Bronze Award Project Ideas

I just started leading my daughter's 5th grade troop and we will work on our Bronze Award...I'm just trying to figure out what that is. We have 12 girls....They'd like to work on something that helps kids...Everything I come up with involves a few hours of work...not 15/girl.... Thoughts out there? Ideas?

Ain't da internet wunnerful?

http://www.girlscouts.org/program/gs_central/insignia/highest_awards/bronze_award.asp

Sure sounds like a junior Eagle project, AND that the requirements are slated for an imminent renovation.

Help kids, huh?

Plan design and build a playground? For handicapped/challenged kids? Check with the local parks department.

Nature trail? Signs and exhibits and trail creation and is it wheelchair accessable and publicity...

Help plan and equip a waiting room at your hospital that is more kid friendly...

Check with your church/temple. Local library. Kids reading area?

Local school... Crosswalk safety, Flagpole improvements, landscape the inner courtyard, ...

Top of my head stuff...

12 girls, if they are honest about their participation, should be able to divy up the responsibility and actual work. 15 hours? maybe not enough. Point'em, turn'em loose, and stand back.

a troop in our unit is just finishing their bronze award project and they have worked very hard on it. Our council has bridges that troops can reserve and take to their bridging ceremony to use, BUT none of them were handicapped accesible... this troop drew up plans and has constructed one - all that's left to get done by end of the month is to paint it. I'm looking forward to them completing it, it will be the first troop in a long time in our unit to earn a higher award.

the ideas the previous poster mentioned were very good too!