Fun with the Family Award

I just had a mom e-mail me to say they earned the Fun with the Family Award. I had never heard of this one. From a quick google, it looks like there are 5 different patches, each for a different aspect? This is a family of five (three Cub boys, two parents), and I really don't want to present them with 25 patches (costing the Pack $50). I sent her a message asking her what this award was, I'm happy getting them all one BSA Famil patch or pin each.

Yes it is a real award, not many get it. IMHO; it is one of those awards outside the core program that are basically stuff you already do as a family. If it were my pack, I would tell them that they order it and you'll sign off on it if they need your signature but being outside the core program, they are responsible for the pins/patches.

My son earned this award his Tiger year. We did the 20? or whatnot requirements for all five patches and five pins. The pack paid for the certificate and old patch that they Still carry. I bought the other pins and patches out of pocket. As far as I know, only one other scout in our pack has earned it. They also paid for it themselves.